This is the new home of the egghelp.org community forum.
All data has been migrated (including user logins/passwords) to a new phpBB version.

For more information, see this announcement post. Click the X in the top right-corner of this box to dismiss this message.

Parse a website

Requests for complete scripts or modifications/fixes for scripts you didn't write. Response not guaranteed, and no thread bumping!
d
darton
Op

Parse a website

Post by darton »

Hello!
On this website you can see a ranklist. Now when someone in IRC writes e.g. "!rank kjmarlex", my bot should look for the player in the ranklist and should write for example: "kjmarlex is on rank 1 with 1040702 points".
Does anyone know how I can do this?
Last edited by darton on Sat Feb 04, 2006 7:19 am, edited 1 time in total.
demond
Revered One

Post by demond »

ever thought about doing forum search for "parse website"?
connection, sharing, dcc problems? click <here>
before asking for scripting help, read <this>
use

Code: Select all

tag when posting logs, code
d
darton
Op

Post by darton »

Yes I searched for it. But the commands aren't described and so I dont know how to make such a script.
demond
Revered One

Post by demond »

there are zillions of web-parsing scripts

so simply take one and study it

oh wait... we are on the request forum... you aren't a scripter... nevermind
use

N
NTHosts
Op

errrr

Post by NTHosts »

well derrrrrrr, the guy just asked for help did he not ? is this not what this forum is for ??
www.NT-Hosts.Net - More than just a host
demond
Revered One

Re: errrr

Post by demond »

Lynxfm wrote:well derrrrrrr, the guy just asked for help did he not ? is this not what this forum is for ??
yes it is

however, noone is entitled to getting the script they had requested; we all are volunteers and help as we see fit (which might mean no help at all - I, for one, don't like producing custom-tailored scripts for someone's particular needs but rather generic solutions which would suit wider audience)
use

Alchera
Revered One

Re: errrr

Post by Alchera »

Lynxfm wrote:well derrrrrrr, the guy just asked for help did he not ? is this not what this forum is for ??
I see you do not read sticky topics either.
Please Check the TCL Archive on egghelp.org to see if the script you are requesting already exists.

Also do a Google search for the script you want.

If after you have exhausted all avenues, then post your request here. Be warned though that your post may never be answered and your request may never be written.
Add [SOLVED] to the thread title if your issue has been.
Search | FAQ | RTM
N
NTHosts
Op

Post by NTHosts »

demond wrote:there are zillions of web-parsing scripts

so simply take one and study it

oh wait... we are on the request forum... you aren't a scripter... nevermind
I was commenting on the part "so simply take one and study it" if the guy has no scripting knowledge at all how do you expect him to tailor the script himself ?

also this bit "oh wait... we are on the request forum... you aren't a scripter... " quite obviously he's not a scripter as he would have written it himself, and yes I know it says that in the sticky, but you guys really shunt bag on a person just because he cant do it himself, sorry if you guys dont' like what im saying, I dont' mean to get anyones backs up as you have helped me no end on here, but really guys, a lil mannors go a long way ;-)
www.NT-Hosts.Net - More than just a host
slennox
Owner

Post by slennox »

It'd be better to see more posts with "Replies: 0", as the sticky suggests, than responses containing quips. One of the purposes of this section of the forum is to separate those posts that take the idea of getting something for nothing to the extreme, so helpers can choose to view such requests in moderation (or not at all).