This is the new home of the egghelp.org community forum.
All data has been migrated (including user logins/passwords) to a new phpBB version.

For more information, see this announcement post. Click the X in the top right-corner of this box to dismiss this message.

Egg drops partyline connection after 10-15 minutes idle.

General support and discussion of Eggdrop bots.
A
Alt
Voice

Egg drops partyline connection after 10-15 minutes idle.

Post by Alt »

I'm having a small problem where my eggdrop is dropping the DCC connection after me not saying anything for 10-15 minutes. Even if its sending me information and the dcc chat isnt totally dead where neither side is saying anything. It just drops. I checked the config file a few times but I must be overlooking something. Any help fixing this would be appreciated.
demond
Revered One

Post by demond »

not an eggdrop problem

likely an ISP problem
connection, sharing, dcc problems? click <here>
before asking for scripting help, read <this>
use

Code: Select all

tag when posting logs, code
A
Alt
Voice

Post by Alt »

My shell provider says he's most confident that its not a problem on their end. As far as I can tell its not a problem on my end as ive used eggdrops longer then this before and never had a problem. You guys says its not an eggdrop problem. I have no clue what it is. I dont get whats going on at all. Is there *ANYWAY* there is a setting in the config that would be doing this? I mean I didnt see one but this is really annoying and I really want to fix it.
demond
Revered One

Post by demond »

no, there is no such setting - and you could have deduced that from my answer

you could try to logically eliminate possible reasons by connecting from another OS, another ISP, or to a bot on another shell account - exploring all combinations
connection, sharing, dcc problems? click <here>
before asking for scripting help, read <this>
use

Code: Select all

tag when posting logs, code
x
Voice

Post by x »

My ex-ISP offered a shell for their customers and one thing I remember always about that shell was that it automatically closed DCC-connections after ~10 minutes. But if your provider is really that confident that there's no problem at their end.. well what can I say 8)
PrimeSid
Voice

Loss of partyline connection

Post by PrimeSid »

One thing to concider also is the software you are using to connect to the partyline. ex: irc client, telnet client.
Perceptioins! Hard to explain or understand.