This is the new home of the egghelp.org community forum.
All data has been migrated (including user logins/passwords) to a new phpBB version.

For more information, see this announcement post. Click the X in the top right-corner of this box to dismiss this message.

Marky's color uno

Support & discussion of released scripts, and announcements of new releases.
J
JaMaHa
Voice

Marky's color uno

Post by JaMaHa »

So, I have Marky's color uno script installed and it's working well. There's one thing I'd like to know though.

The bot joins the game only if there are no other players. I'd like it to join every game, whether there is only one player or not. I've seen it do that on another channel.

Any help is appreciated.
Alchera
Revered One

Post by Alchera »

Try contacting the author of that script or the bot owner running the (apparently modified) script in that other channel.
Add [SOLVED] to the thread title if your issue has been.
Search | FAQ | RTM
rosc2112
Revered One

Post by rosc2112 »

Presumably changing this section of code:

Code: Select all

# bot joins if one player
 if {[llength $RoundRobin] == 1} {
  incr UnoPlayers
to have {[llength $RoundRobin] == [expr $UnoMaxPlayers + 1]} or just whatever number you want, would work... Can't say I've tried it.

I've sent the author a number of bug reports (such as needing to automatically remove players if they leave or quit the channel, before and after the game starts, and accounting for player NICK changes... The game doesn't account for nickchanges.. And there is a problem with the UnoFast score) with no response.

Good luck.
J
JaMaHa
Voice

Post by JaMaHa »

I tried that but it only caused the game to never start. It just waited instead of starting.
rosc2112
Revered One

Post by rosc2112 »

rosc2112 wrote: I've sent the author a number of bug reports (such as needing to automatically remove players if they leave or quit the channel, before and after the game starts, and accounting for player NICK changes... The game doesn't account for nickchanges.. And there is a problem with the UnoFast score) with no response.
I made some fixes to this script, to make it handle when a player parts/quits, and to handle nickchanges. I sent a note to the author, but I suspect earthlink's "spam" filters are overly aggressive and my mails are not getting through. Hopefully he'll come here perhaps and see these notes. I posted my changes here:
http://members.dandy.net/~fbn/uno_fix.tcl.txt

Yes, its an ugly hack, but it seems to work, I tested it quite a bit. Of course, any advise/fixes would be appreciated.
rosc2112
Revered One

Post by rosc2112 »

oops, forgot to test for the game's wait-state too, fixed :)
And found a bug in 'proc UnoJoin' where players can keep joining even after game started...Silly..
c
cache
Master

Post by cache »

Bot will play UNO with that one player but you have to set the bots nick in the uno.cfg file

BotName=YourBotsName
rosc2112
Revered One

Post by rosc2112 »

There's no such variable "BotName" anywhere in the script. Could you clarify what you mean? Are you saying the bot will join games with more than 1 player just by adding "BotName=whatever" ? Which version of the script are you referring to? I've been using v0.98
c
cache
Master

Post by cache »

rosc2112 wrote:There's no such variable "BotName" anywhere in the script. Could you clarify what you mean? Are you saying the bot will join games with more than 1 player just by adding "BotName=whatever" ? Which version of the script are you referring to? I've been using v0.98
uno.tcl

set UnoRobot 		"Lexi"
uno.cfg

BotName=Lexi
Verson: 0.96.74.3 - same as in TCL archive.

cache
rosc2112
Revered One

Post by rosc2112 »

Still confused..What does setting the UnoBot var do for joining the game if there's more than 1 player? The script will have the bot join for 1 player versus the bot, but not if more than 1 player joined. Thought ya meant it would join if more than 1 player (which is what the original poster was asking about :)
c
cache
Master

Post by cache »

Nevermind, I read his post on no sleep. :evil:
m
mG81
Voice

Post by mG81 »

Hi their,

Their seem to be a problem when i loaded uno script & added the room name somehow in dcc chat i get a error when typing in room: .unostart
It shows:

Tcl error [UnoInit]: bad format string "%s"
I used run uno script back in past but now i thought i could loaded & run it but every since i been getting this error i could get no where with it Please help thanks.. :(

Here Rest of it in script only thing was changed was Room Name & opname nick as said needed be changed.

The script can be found here. Too much copy/paste.
DragnLord
Owner

Post by DragnLord »

.set errorInfo
m
mG81
Voice

Post by mG81 »

DragnLord wrote:.set errorInfo
when i typed that it showed this

What?  You need '.help'
Do i need have script for that?
Alchera
Revered One

Post by Alchera »

mG81 wrote:
DragnLord wrote:.set errorInfo
when i typed that it showed this

What?  You need '.help'
Do i need have script for that?
No! You need your eggdrop setup correctly.

Unbind the following and then restart your bot:

#unbind dcc n set *dcc:set
Add [SOLVED] to the thread title if your issue has been.
Search | FAQ | RTM