This is the new home of the egghelp.org community forum.
All data has been migrated (including user logins/passwords) to a new phpBB version.

For more information, see this announcement post. Click the X in the top right-corner of this box to dismiss this message.

netbots.tcl and chattr flags

Support & discussion of released scripts, and announcements of new releases.
T
Time
Voice

netbots.tcl and chattr flags

Post by Time »

I have a small eggdropnet and sometimes when I .restart one of the leafs it loses the +o chattr flag in its userfile.. they're set to +blfoN and I'm using netbots.tcl with botnetop loaded. It afflicts a few of the leafs... just after they die and restart they lose that single flag in their user files. Anyone else suffered this dilemma or know of a reason/fix for it?

Thanks, Time.
DragnLord
Owner

Post by DragnLord »

try this:
get all the bots linked, with proper flags set, then use ".netsave" on the partyline
T
Time
Voice

Post by Time »

Nope, just tried. Still happens.
slennox
Owner

Post by slennox »

You're talking about Eggdrop's userfile sharing, not netbots.tcl. They have little to do with one another. The only time netbots interferes with sharing, if I recall correctly, is when an insufficiently privleged user attempts to use the .chattr command to add the netbot flag to a user.
T
Time
Voice

Post by Time »

I included that I used netbots.tcl in case it was a known bug. But makes sense that it has nothing to do with it. The sharing works mostly, i.e. updating a userfile on the hub and the leaf sees it, but then when .restarting the leaf it loses the +o global chattr flag... and the person using .chattr has sufficient privileges... since its an owner.
PrimeSid
Voice

Check the config

Post by PrimeSid »

Take a look at your leaf(s) config, check this setting:

set private-globals "mnot"

As you can see in the above, the flags "mnot' are filtered/stripped as the users file is xfered to the leaf(s).
Perceptioins! Hard to explain or understand.