This is the new home of the egghelp.org community forum.
All data has been migrated (including user logins/passwords) to a new phpBB version.

For more information, see this announcement post. Click the X in the top right-corner of this box to dismiss this message.

DCC Issue - Im confused..

General support and discussion of Eggdrop bots.
w
wiccaan
Voice

DCC Issue - Im confused..

Post by wiccaan »

Been using Windrop for some time now. Had no issues with it at all. I restarted my computer the other day and restarted everything. When I started up my windrop bot it connected to the server fine without problems and it functions perfectly.

But now when ever I try to telnet / DCC to it it drops into an endless loop of:

dequeue_sockets(): errno = 128 (Transport endpoint is not connected) on #

I dont understand why this just happened all of a sudden when it was working fine the day before. I havent edited the config file or changed any settings on my network, ect.

Any idea why this would be popping up randomly like this?

(I searched the forums for this error, but the posts about it didnt solve the issue or werent solved at all.)
m
mopar
Halfop

Post by mopar »

http://windrop.sourceforge.net/windropf ... connected)'

/mopar

edit, that didn't work to well...

Here is the same url as tinyurl http://tinyurl.com/k7bgj
It's never to late to give up..
w
wiccaan
Voice

Post by wiccaan »

As I said, it was configured and working fine before. I havent edited any configurations to the bot nor to my network. Nothing has changed and this just started happening.
E
Egg-rust
Voice

Post by Egg-rust »

Well at the best of times windrops are unsecure unless your going through a bnc because anybody with access to your partyline can get your ip. I Would suggest getting a shell these days u can pay like $4 us for a good shell with one bot it's well worth it and there are a lot more options and support for them unlike windrops
"What goes around comes around"
Alchera
Revered One

Post by Alchera »

Egg-rust wrote:Well at the best of times windrops are unsecure unless your going through a bnc because anybody with access to your partyline can get your ip. I Would suggest getting a shell these days u can pay like $4 us for a good shell with one bot it's well worth it and there are a lot more options and support for them unlike windrops
Very broad statement there. Any Operating System can be insecure if the proper safeguards are not taken; whether it be Windows or not.
Add [SOLVED] to the thread title if your issue has been.
Search | FAQ | RTM
Alchera
Revered One

Post by Alchera »

wiccaan wrote:As I said, it was configured and working fine before. I havent edited any configurations to the bot nor to my network. Nothing has changed and this just started happening.
It is rather obvious that something has changed either with your firewall/router or network settings &c.

These things do not normally happen without a reason. :)

Windrop Central - Frequently Asked Questions
Add [SOLVED] to the thread title if your issue has been.
Search | FAQ | RTM