This is the new home of the egghelp.org community forum.
All data has been migrated (including user logins/passwords) to a new phpBB version.

For more information, see this announcement post. Click the X in the top right-corner of this box to dismiss this message.

Ban +dk users with *!*@some.host.com

Requests for complete scripts or modifications/fixes for scripts you didn't write. Response not guaranteed, and no thread bumping!
b
bulgar1an
Voice

Ban +dk users with *!*@some.host.com

Post by bulgar1an »

First of all.. I'm sorry for my bad english. For spammers, inviters proxies etc I add user Spammer, Inviter, Proxy and .chattr him +dk, but if some of matching id@host is *!*ident@222.222.222.222, egg bans him like that:
*!*ident@222.222.222.*

Could someone please tell me how to make bot banning:
*!*@222.222.222.222?

I was googling several hours, but I couldn't find solution... I'm sorry for the language again and thanks in advance...
Alchera
Revered One

Post by Alchera »

Code: Select all

*!*user@222.222.222.*
The above is the standard and most effective formatting of bans; it ensures that just a specific user is punished. Good if a channel has a lot of cyber cafe users.

Scripts you run usually have settings to alter ban type settings.
Add [SOLVED] to the thread title if your issue has been.
Search | FAQ | RTM
b
bulgar1an
Voice

Post by bulgar1an »

I just want *!*@some.host.com bans... you didn't understand me.
Alchera
Revered One

Post by Alchera »

bulgar1an wrote:I just want *!*@some.host.com bans... you didn't understand me.
Then edit the script you're using and change the ban type; it's usually in the configuration section.
Search | FAQ | RTM
DragnLord
Owner

Post by DragnLord »

this should be moved to "script requests", he is asking for someone to create a custom script to deal with users with +dk flags in the ban style he asked for
Alchera
Revered One

Post by Alchera »

Hmmm.. His bad English was worse than I thought. :lol:

Moved to Script Requests.
Search | FAQ | RTM
h
honeybee
Halfop

Post by honeybee »

actulay you guys didnt understand him. what he meant is if someone is added in bot with +dk flag that is not a script its a default eggdrop bot flag with his deoped and kick. but the hostmask bots bans with is *!ident@host and that doesnt work in the case if it has ~ in idents, for this he has to edit the sourcecode and change the default banmask with is *!ident@ip not the tcls.
DragnLord
Owner

Post by DragnLord »

honeybee wrote:actulay you guys didnt understand him. what he meant is if someone is added in bot with +dk flag that is not a script its a default eggdrop bot flag with his deoped and kick. but the hostmask bots bans with is *!ident@host and that doesnt work in the case if it has ~ in idents, for this he has to edit the sourcecode and change the default banmask with is *!ident@ip not the tcls.
as for changing eggdrop's default banmask, look at the strict-host setting which tells eggdrop to remove ~ from ident/username, or not to remove it

you can also change the bot's default banmask by using a tcl script to replace the builtin banmask, no need to change source code
h
honeybee
Halfop

Post by honeybee »

again you misunderstood you havent, read his question correctly, strict host wont change banmask to *!*@host.ip. read eggdrop.conf carefully.
Alchera
Revered One

Post by Alchera »

honeybee wrote:again you misunderstood you havent, read his question correctly, strict host wont change banmask to *!*@host.ip. read eggdrop.conf carefully.
Alchera wrote:Scripts you run usually have settings to alter ban type settings.
You have misunderstood DragnLord's response! Tcl Scripts can be configured to set any format of banmask a user wants.

.. and as for manually adding a host; it would be a rarity if anyone actually read the docs that are supplied with the eggdrop tarball.
### +host [handle] <hostmask>
Adds a hostmask to a user's user record. Hostmasks are used to identify your
handle on IRC. If a handle is not specified, the hostmask will be added to
YOUR user record.

See also: -host
Search | FAQ | RTM
demond
Revered One

Post by demond »

we got your point; the thing is that kind of ban (on +dk users) is hardcoded in eggdrop and you can't configure it; what you need is a script which would handle +dk's the way you want

in bulgarian: разбрахме те много добре; работата е там че бана на +dk юзърите е кодиран в самия егдроп и не може да се конфигурира; това от което се нуждаеш е скрипт който банва +dk по начина който желаеш
connection, sharing, dcc problems? click <here>
before asking for scripting help, read <this>
use

Code: Select all

tag when posting logs, code