This is the new home of the egghelp.org community forum.
All data has been migrated (including user logins/passwords) to a new phpBB version.

For more information, see this announcement post. Click the X in the top right-corner of this box to dismiss this message.

incith:exchange

Support & discussion of released scripts, and announcements of new releases.
rosc2112
Revered One

incith:exchange

Post by rosc2112 »

Hi, hopefully Incith will see this. I tried to send him a pm but haven't gotten a response, hope he is well!

Not sure if Madwoota took over the incith:exchange script as well, but I made some updates to the script as follows:

Updated by rosc July 2006
Changes:
# Added exchange rate date.
# Added error catching and cleanup for http::geturl.
# Fixed helpfile (not carrying over for the exchange_bind option, not setting the vars, etc.)
# Added more error checking in a few places.
# Added currency country/symbol search.
# Removed udef flag and added 'set exchans' for simplicity.
# Added privmsg bind.

I've posted this update to:
http://members.dandy.net/~fbn/exchange.2112.tcl.txt
incith
Master

Post by incith »

Hey, good work!

Yeah I'm always around, I tend to make mental notes to check the egghelp forums but it seems to always become forgotten.

The reason I stopped updating exchange was because google does exchange rates, and that was all I had originally needed out of my exchange script.

For example, !google 5 usd in cad to convert u.s. dollars into canadian dollars.

Another thing is I had started converting my scripts into a new format (all my scripts are basically coded from a base script), and exchange wasn't ever intended to be brought up to a v2.0 with the new base script changes.

As for if I'll release a new version of exchange, it's possible, but it would probably just be your changes/additions..

Glad somebody used my exchange script out there :)
rosc2112
Revered One

Post by rosc2112 »

I still haven't installed the google script, it's just sitting in the archive pile I have. I figure this little exchange script is perfect, small, simple and just what I was looking for :) There's only one other currency exchange script that I'm aware of and it requires Ruby, and doesn't work anyway =)