This is the new home of the egghelp.org community forum.
All data has been migrated (including user logins/passwords) to a new phpBB version.

For more information, see this announcement post. Click the X in the top right-corner of this box to dismiss this message.

Let users add themselves

General support and discussion of Eggdrop bots.
i
intel
Halfop

Let users add themselves

Post by intel »

How would I let users add themselves to the bot so I dont have to do everyone manually? And once added what do I need to set to have them then get auto-opped in each channel the bots are in?

TIA
YooHoo
Owner

Post by YooHoo »

having users add themselves is a bad idea, and using auto-op along with that is downright foolhardy. Anyways, follow this link to learn more
i
intel
Halfop

Post by intel »

thats not what I mean. I do not want autoop on. Like now I add people manually then do say .+user user then .+host user *!*user*@xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx then chattr user +ao #whatever I thought there would be a way for the user to add themselves to the bot and then once added it could assign those flags . Doing it manually (having to do a whois on all the users to get host) is kinda pain. I was just hoping there was a automated way of doing it.
n
nml375
Revered One

Post by nml375 »

As for letting users add themselves; quoted from the dist configfile:
# If you want people to be able to add themselves to the bot's userlist
# with the default userflags (defined above in the config file) via the
# 'hello' msg command, set this to 1.
set learn-users 0
As for adding hosts, see the IDENT and ADDHOST msg-commands.
As botmaster/botowner, you may also add/remove additional hosts to the user in question using .+host/.-host (in dcc) and so forth..
NML_375
strikelight
Owner

Post by strikelight »

If you just don't want to lookup the user's host when you add them, and don't want to manually set the flags when adding them, edit your conf file for default-flags, and add users from the partyline with .adduser !<NICK> (notice the ! infront of <NICK>), which will automatically have the bot automatically use that user's host, assuming that user is on some channel with the bot.