This is the new home of the egghelp.org community forum.
All data has been migrated (including user logins/passwords) to a new phpBB version.

For more information, see this announcement post. Click the X in the top right-corner of this box to dismiss this message.

can't run eggdrop on openBSD 2.9

Old posts that have not been replied to for several years.
b
blaxord

Post by blaxord »

Hello,
I compiled a 1.6.6 eggdrop correctly with no error msgs. But then, when I tried to start it, it gets stuck.

bleh@mybawkz:~/eggdrop$ ./eggdrop -m eggdrop.simple.conf

Eggdrop v1.6.6 (C)1997 Robey Pointer (C)2001 Eggheads
yo
yo
yo

and It wont return to the bash until I kill the process or stop it. The bot wont respond to telnet also, it's just like it isnt started. I have the problem with 1.4.2 also. Only 1.1.5 runs fine.

Anyone?

btw I use TCL 8.3
p
ppslim
Revered One

Post by ppslim »

Does it realy say
yo
yo
yo
?

Where did you download the bot?

How did you compile the bot?
b
blaxord

Post by blaxord »

oh no sorry. I wrote this on the shell prompt just to show I could type in and it didnt load up. eggdrop is 1.6.6 download from ftp.eggheads.org.

the eggdrop wont load up it will just say the Robey Pointer thing and let me type, wont go back into bash.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: blaxord on 2001-10-14 22:56 ]</font>
p
ppslim
Revered One

Post by ppslim »

This is odd. You should try compiling in static mode.

To do this, use the following steps
./configure
make config
make static
In other words, instead of the plain "make" command, use "make static".
b
blaxord

Post by blaxord »

I still get the same error after a make static :/
b
blaxord

Post by blaxord »

Special thanks to guppy from eggheads, the problem was TCL. We had to recompile tcl without threads and it worked fine. Thought maybe it could be useful to someone one day if you're getting the same error.