This is the new home of the egghelp.org community forum.
All data has been migrated (including user logins/passwords) to a new phpBB version.

For more information, see this announcement post. Click the X in the top right-corner of this box to dismiss this message.

eggdrop does not accept CTCPs

General support and discussion of Eggdrop bots.
I
IRC_MAC
Voice

eggdrop does not accept CTCPs

Post by IRC_MAC »

i cant figure this out, i can connect from my house but no one else can,, why is that? i haveadded them to user list. but everyone is havng this problem.
n
nml375
Revered One

Post by nml375 »

Are you referring to dcc chat?

In that case, this sounds like a firewall/NAT issue. Solving this is difficult, as you might end up locking yourself out from your eggdrop with the proper fix (setting nat-ip and opening proper ports in your router).

Additional information on your network setup would be helpful in order to help you further with the issue (client/eggdrop behind router/firewall? kind of router/firewall? any NAT in use? etc).
NML_375
I
IRC_MAC
Voice

Post by IRC_MAC »

ok we found a work around since most user's were not gonna figure this out. we made a trigger system that will direct download the files to them.. this works alot beter than the peopel having to ctcp get file the bot..... wow , this eggdrop thing is hard work, but after words it sure solid,,,,,, works very wellsure glad i stuck with it.. now my user;s are happy as a pig in ****. man they are having a ball.. now they want a game room.... good thing i rented a server....