This is the new home of the egghelp.org community forum.
All data has been migrated (including user logins/passwords) to a new phpBB version.

For more information, see this announcement post. Click the X in the top right-corner of this box to dismiss this message.

Random dcc issue

General support and discussion of Eggdrop bots.
L
Luminous
Op

Random dcc issue

Post by Luminous »

So my host died last night for whatever reason; screen was dead this morning. I restart it, dcc into one of my bot's, but the second one refuses to have anything to do with me all of a sudden as far as dcc chat goes. I get this in telnet:

[10:52] DCC connection failed: CHAT (Me!my@host)
[10:52] (Invalid argument)

What "Invalid Argument"? I used /dcc chat botnick as always, I don't understand why its telling me that. Hosts seem to be fine as all my scripts work and I commented them all out as well, to rule that out. None of them are conflicting.. Nothing's changed at all since last night.

Any ideas as to what is causing this?
L
Luminous
Op

Post by Luminous »

SInce my last, I have verified that my hosts are correct: the bot definitely knows who I am. I am able to use owner-only commands I have set up, etc, and I am able to telnet. But still no dcc. I don't seem to be getting the "invalid argument" error anymore; it now just says: "DCC CHAT request sent to botnick: chat", but I get no response at all. "/ctcp botnick chat " renders similar results, but its a bit more useful at least:

" DCC CHAT from botnick IP.Address port #]
DCC can't connect to IP.Address port #"

The problem really does seem to be with my irc client. Last time I had this problem it was because of using wrong port settings in irssi. But, I fixed that to use the right ones. I rechecked them and they are still the same; nothing wrong there. My other bot which uses a similar set of hosts has no problems at all dcc'ing with me. I'm really quite baffled here, I seem to have ruled out all usual suspects.

Edit to add info: i also got a few buddies to try and dcc with me, wasn't successful, I just got stuff like:

DCC CHAT from jack3 [x.x.x.x port xxxxx]

But they did not see it on their end at all.