This is the new home of the egghelp.org community forum.
All data has been migrated (including user logins/passwords) to a new phpBB version.

For more information, see this announcement post. Click the X in the top right-corner of this box to dismiss this message.

[sort of solved]eggdrop+botnet+cyrillics

General support and discussion of Eggdrop bots.
r
rewtard
Voice

[sort of solved]eggdrop+botnet+cyrillics

Post by rewtard »

I was wondering, how come the cyrillic letters gets broken up when they are relayed thru botnet to another channel (via chanrelay3.tcl). I did some reading and remember seeing somewhere it had something to do with telnet connection stripping the high bit off, so am I completely out of luck now and its something that cant be fixed up at all?

System locale with the bots is set to En_us.utf8 so that shouldnt be of the issue, only the cyrillic letters will always get broken. ie.

[1:46am] <@XXX> зомбита :) comes up as
[1:46am] <@XXX> (XXX@XXX) 7><18B0 :)

Edit: CP1251 works, only UTF-8 is not working, but it doesnt help since people are using mixed combo of cp1251 and/or utf-8

Final edit: That hacky utf-8 patch seemed to cure it, now the bot displays utf-8 and cp1251 properly. At least on channel text. (the one with editing main.c and tcl.c). That is good enough for me, since not using utf-8 encoded channel names.