This is the new home of the egghelp.org community forum.
All data has been migrated (including user logins/passwords) to a new phpBB version.

For more information, see this announcement post. Click the X in the top right-corner of this box to dismiss this message.

User database with search and auto remove

Requests for complete scripts or modifications/fixes for scripts you didn't write. Response not guaranteed, and no thread bumping!
c
cuthbertx
Voice

User database with search and auto remove

Post by cuthbertx »

Hey guys,

I've been trying to wrap my head around this or find a script that is close to what I am looking for, and am now seeking assistance. Perhaps someone knows of a script that is close to what I am needing or has one already made.

What I am looking for, is a script where a user can type:

Code: Select all

!userlog <nick>
And then it will store the nick of the person who typed the command, the nick argument and the current time in a database.

Then the user can just type:

!userlog

And it will list all of the nicks stored in the database with their own nick.

The users on the list should expire after 24 hours, hence the timestamp. My guess on having this done is have the code just check what the current time is and calculate the timestamp from the database and remove the user from the log if it's +24.

The !userlog command should list all entries in the database for the user that typed the command.

So example of the output.

Cuthbertx: !userlog Testuser
BOT: Testuser has been added to your userlog with a timestamp of 5/2/2011 9:00 AM
Cuthbertx: !userlog Testuser2
BOT: Testuser2 has been added to your userlog with a timestamp of 5/2/2011 9:05 AM
Cuthbertx: !userlog
BOT: Here are your user logs: Testuser (5/2/2011 9:00 AM) Testuser2 (5/2/2011 9:05 AM)
Any assistance on this or guiding me into the right direction would be much appreciated.
w
while
Voice

Post by while »

i've seen something like:
!userlist to see all the users
!info <user> and reads the lines for the user from the eggdrop(name).user
ex: !info test
reply: test is an op with host *!*@host added X days ago

maybe a userlist script to tweak a little and it will reply what you are looking for
:)