This is the new home of the egghelp.org community forum.
All data has been migrated (including user logins/passwords) to a new phpBB version.

For more information, see this announcement post. Click the X in the top right-corner of this box to dismiss this message.

Bot connected, joined channel, but not on server?

General support and discussion of Eggdrop bots.
m
miles
Voice

Bot connected, joined channel, but not on server?

Post by miles »

I've got my eggdrop installed and config'd, and when running it shows that it is connected and joined to the channel, but it shows 0 users in the channel and when I whois the botname, it says there is no user online with that nick.

I have it configured to use server: irc.bob-omb.net
and I set the network type to 5/others

When I run the eggdrop from the shell, it shows connected
VALIS: 1 channels, 0 users.

How can it be connected but not showing online? I have not specified any other servers.
m
miles
Voice

Post by miles »

ok, so i was confused about the readout.. turns out the problem is DNS failed when trying to connect to server

looks like there are several topics about that issue.. already tried commenting out the dns module as mentioned in one of the topics- didn't work

tried installing version .19 instead of .20 and that didn't work either. In the process, also did a recompile when changing versions obviously

have tried commenting out the host/ip settings in the config

guess I will try to redo the config from scratch

thanks to willyw for assistance with getting me this far.. the -n option is a lifesaver
m
miles
Voice

Post by miles »

went through and redid the config from scratch, problem solved