This is the new home of the egghelp.org community forum.
All data has been migrated (including user logins/passwords) to a new phpBB version.

For more information, see this announcement post. Click the X in the top right-corner of this box to dismiss this message.

Is it possible to record channel logs in monthly files?

General support and discussion of Eggdrop bots.
M
Mysticales
Voice

Is it possible to record channel logs in monthly files?

Post by Mysticales »

Hello, just wondering, normally when I use pisg, I just have pages made to show the month itself. (Vs a lifetime one) Now my older bot gave me daily log files, I just got the eggie set to record the channel logs too, with keep all logs on. So I see it gives me a daily format one. (Also changed the start new log to be 0001 so that should make it start at 12:01AM correct?)

But would love to know if there is a way to tell the bot to change log files only AFTER the month changed. So this way each month will have its own file vs daily. If this is possible. How would I go about doing that? Thanks. =)
~Battlez-avec la Mystique?~
w
willyw
Revered One

Re: Is it possible to record channel logs in monthly files?

Post by willyw »

Mysticales wrote:...
(Also changed the start new log to be 0001 so that should make it start at 12:01AM correct?)
Yep.
But you'll know tomorrow anyway, when you check the log. :)
But would love to know if there is a way to tell the bot to change log files only AFTER the month changed. So this way each month will have its own file vs daily. If this is possible. How would I go about doing that? Thanks. =)
One way:

Go the TCL Archive here.
Find:
Eggdrop Logger 2.0 21/05/2006 zowtar

and try that.
I use it for something, but I use the "daily" function. I remembered seeing that it has a monthly config option, but I have never experimented with it.
M
Mysticales
Voice

Post by Mysticales »

So what does this do? I know its meant more for stats parsing, even tho.. mirc stats and pisg both support eggdrop format, making this rather pointless to use?

Does it remove the eggdrop logs and just keep the new ones? Or is it a separate log maker of files?
~Battlez-avec la Mystique?~
w
willyw
Revered One

Post by willyw »

Mysticales wrote:So what does this do?
It creates log files.
making this rather pointless to use?
Not according to your request.
Does it remove the eggdrop logs
No
and just keep the new ones?
That's up to you. That is config'd in your eggdrop.conf .
Or is it a separate log maker of files?
Exactly.

Is it working for you?
Does it do what you wanted?