This is the new home of the egghelp.org community forum.
All data has been migrated (including user logins/passwords) to a new phpBB version.

For more information, see this announcement post. Click the X in the top right-corner of this box to dismiss this message.

bot keep alive

Requests for complete scripts or modifications/fixes for scripts you didn't write. Response not guaranteed, and no thread bumping!
d
dutch1918
Voice

bot keep alive

Post by dutch1918 »

I've looked and could not find this. Looking for a script that will keep the bot alive. The current problem I'm having is that sometimes the bot pings out and never reconnects.

Thanks
w
willyw
Revered One

Re: bot keep alive

Post by willyw »

I wonder why it pings out in the first place.

Do you have any scripts loaded?
Comment them ALL out, and start the bot. Let it run a day or whatever it takes, to see if that changes things.
If it does, then you know that one of your scripts is blocking the bot. Could be that the bot is not responding to the server's ping.

Is there anything in the bot's log, that might be a clue?
Or perhaps you leave your client logged into the partyline?... have you seen anything there, that might clue you as to what is really happening?
d
dutch1918
Voice

Post by dutch1918 »

I am connected to 2 different servers and the other server has no problem so it's not the scripts. Also if I ping the server I am having problems with sometimes it pings back 22 ms and sometimes it's lots lots more
w
willyw
Revered One

Post by willyw »

Your original request was for a script to keep the bot alive. We could come up with something to make the bot ping the server, or you, or whatever - periodically. But to what avail? You've just said that sometimes it takes forever.

See what I mean? This is why I was more concerned with the cause.

Perhaps somebody else will jump in here with an idea.

p.s.
if you want to name the two respective networks/servers and tell us which is the culprit, maybe somebody will have already had experience with them to share, and you might wake them up.
d
dutch1918
Voice

Post by dutch1918 »

well the culprit network I'm having problem with is othernet.org
Pixelz
Voice

Post by Pixelz »

Eggdrop already does this by default. In your eggdrop.conf set check-stoned 1
(the default). If this is set, this shouldn't happen.

If it still does, there's a deeper problem somewhere that's causing eggdrop to freeze.
Pixelz @ EFnet, freenode, QuakeNet, Undernet
d
dutch1918
Voice

Post by dutch1918 »

I an using v1.8... How would I check to see what the deeper problem might be so it can be fixed
Get_A_Fix
Master

Post by Get_A_Fix »

dutch1918 wrote:I an using v1.8... How would I check to see what the deeper problem might be so it can be fixed
Run it in debug? Or set console to debug and watch for errors, then trace?
We explore.. and you call us criminals. We seek after knowledge.. and you call us criminals. We exist without skin color, without nationality, without religious bias.. and you call us criminals.