This is the new home of the egghelp.org community forum.
All data has been migrated (including user logins/passwords) to a new phpBB version.

For more information, see this announcement post. Click the X in the top right-corner of this box to dismiss this message.

On Join

Old posts that have not been replied to for several years.
U
UmbraSG
Voice

On Join

Post by UmbraSG »

Okay, I can't seem to find any thing to help me do this on-join module fuction. Can someone show me how to properly code it in or at least point me to a spot in code that I may have over looked??????

TIA ~ KevinP
p
ppslim
Revered One

Post by ppslim »

How do you mean "on-join module function"?

No module directly support this sort of thing, with the exception of greet messages.

There is no direct on-join command.

See somthing like "multi-onjoin" in the Tcl archive for details on doing on-join messages.
W
Wcc
Master

Post by Wcc »

Or if you are talking about a way to use a join bind in a module, you would need to import the server module functions (see other modules for an example). Then you would use the add_builtins(H_raw, <my table here>); to add the bind.
U
UmbraSG
Voice

Post by UmbraSG »

Sweet! I'm going to try that out then. thank you.

Wcc wrote:Or if you are talking about a way to use a join bind in a module, you would need to import the server module functions (see other modules for an example). Then you would use the add_builtins(H_raw, <my table here>); to add the bind.
P
Photon
Op

Post by Photon »

There actually is a H_Join command table exported by the IRC module. If you add your function to that it will probably be easier...
U
UmbraSG
Voice

Post by UmbraSG »

Photon wrote:There actually is a H_Join command table exported by the IRC module. If you add your function to that it will probably be easier...
Yeah, the H_raw command table made my bot part the channel saying "Oops... somebody made me join <channel> ... Leaving ...." I probably didnt' use it correctly, but then again, I'm still new to the eggdrop module programming world.

I will try this H_join one soon, probably a day when i dont' have school nor work. Thanks for the input.

KevinP