This is the new home of the egghelp.org community forum.
All data has been migrated (including user logins/passwords) to a new phpBB version.

For more information, see this announcement post. Click the X in the top right-corner of this box to dismiss this message.

invite script

Old posts that have not been replied to for several years.
B
BlasterHacker
Voice

invite script

Post by BlasterHacker »

iam looking for a tcl wich can read a file with users and passwords.
a user (who is not in the userfile of the egg) must sent "/msg botname invite username password" and the bot should then invite to a channel if the pasword matches the username in the file. i've been looking for a tcl wich does that but i didnt had any luck. i also tried to write it myself but that turned out te be a disaster :). hope you guys can help me.
s
spock
Master

Post by spock »

you know that eggdrop does something simular by default, right?

/msg bot invite passwd #chan

works aslong as the user has appropriate flags on #chan
photon?
B
BlasterHacker
Voice

Post by BlasterHacker »

yes but then i have to add every user in the eggdrop. and they just need to be in a file, so i can edit them quickly and not always add or remove users thru eggdrop
p
ppslim
Revered One

Post by ppslim »

My guess is, that he wants to allows users to invite himself, without having to give them too many permissions.

This isn't currently possible with the existing message command.
B
BlasterHacker
Voice

Post by BlasterHacker »

thats it. i dont wont to add these users in eggdrop itself. just in a file. you say its not possible. strange, there are tcl scripts for glftpd that read the user and pass from the glftpd config and invite them if its correct. but i dont want to use glftpd for that.
B
BlasterHacker
Voice

Post by BlasterHacker »

hmm, your right i think. downloaded some of those scripts. they all work with and extern c program.
s
spock
Master

Post by spock »

ppslim meant it isnt possible with the "msg bot invite pass #chan" msg command (i think).

it should be very possible to make a tcl doing what you want.

personally i would consider adding users to the bot with a custom flag (A....Z) and writing whatever procs to check around that.
photon?
B
BlasterHacker
Voice

Post by BlasterHacker »

but then i would have to give them the o flag. or do i need to rebind the invite command with a new flag?
s
spock
Master

Post by spock »

no you would not have to give them the o flag. you give them a custom flag ( A-Z ) these are user defined. you could for example give +R.

unbind msg - invite *msg:invite
bind msg R|R invite msg:yourinviteproc

now you write the procedure msg:yourinviteproc which basically
does some matchattr'ing.
photon?
p
ppslim
Revered One

Post by ppslim »

The current built in invite command, uses a bind of "Global or channel OP".

Within the command itself (the fuzzy logic bit), it does checks on hlaf-op users.

If it's only for inviting, I would say even half-ops have too many permissions.

When I said it wasn't possible, I didn't mean over all. I was replying to the first rpely. Mainly for the reason, it meant users may have more permissions than you are willing to give.

The therory behind a script implimentation is sound though.

The glftpd script, from what I remember, will connect to the FTPD server, and try to login to the server. If it fails, the user isn't valid.