This is the new home of the egghelp.org community forum.
All data has been migrated (including user logins/passwords) to a new phpBB version.

For more information, see this announcement post. Click the X in the top right-corner of this box to dismiss this message.

KlipIrcNews

Old posts that have not been replied to for several years.
D
D4N3
Voice

KlipIrcNews

Post by D4N3 »

Im trying to use this Klip Irc News script with the SportingNewsNBA.klip file, but it doesnt work, i put the http.tcl .klip file and the Klipircnews.tcl file all in the script folder, but when it goes to display news publically in the channel all it says is this.

--- The Sporting News - NBA ---

and nothing else, then in dcc chat it says the error, Tcl error [kliptime]: Unsupported URL: /www.sportingnews.com/klip/foods/sportingNewsNBA.food

and if i try the public command it says
Tcl error [pub_recupklip]: can't read "kin_text": no such variable

can someone tell me whats wrong ?
D
D4N3
Voice

Post by D4N3 »

ok, i found out most of problems had to do w/ missing files and i think the script i had was outdated..

i got the new package and put all of the files into my scripts folder, but when it goes to display something it shows the message
Tcl error [kliptime]: couldn't open "servicelist.xml": no such file or directory

servicelist.xml is in the same directory (scripts) with the rest of the files.
p
ppslim
Revered One

Post by ppslim »

By the looks of it, it is looking for it in the eggdrop directory.

AT least make a copy, and place it in the main eggdrop dir.

Goto the script dir on the shell and do
cp servicelist.xml ../
D
D4N3
Voice

Post by D4N3 »

ok that fixed that problem thanks, but then i came up to the next problem
Tcl error [kliptime]: couldn't open "services-channels-complete.xml": no such file or directory
and thats a file that wasnt in the package from www.yews.fr.st (i think that is the site) and i havent seen it anywhere, so i just took the line out of the tcl that asked for it and now its back to this problem
Tcl error [kliptime]: can't read "kin_text": no such variable
so i guess i need the services-channels-complete.xml file .. can anyone give me this file, or can i get around it or what ? thanks in advance
p
ppslim
Revered One

Post by ppslim »

The file in question, looks site dependant, and as suhc, you will need to look at the site you are using for this file.
D
D4N3
Voice

Post by D4N3 »

http://www.sportingnews.com/klip/foods/ .. is where all the klip related files are located on that site i think, but its not on there, is there any more information i could provide that might help ?
A
Ajaxjood

Post by Ajaxjood »

anyone got this klipircnews to work or is there any other rdf rss news parser for my bot ?
N
NewzUK
Master

Post by NewzUK »

After spending alot of time trying to get these things to work, I can say the Klip scripts are a rediculous waste of time, and the news they deliver is worthless too!

So I wouldn't waste my time if I were you!
#Newsroom - Where News & Markets Connect
http://www.inewsroom.net
#Newsroom on irc.othernet.org
A
Ajaxjood

Post by Ajaxjood »

hmm thx but someone then have mayby a decent rss rdf parser for a eggdrop ? i need it very badly thx in advance :)