This is the new home of the egghelp.org community forum.
All data has been migrated (including user logins/passwords) to a new phpBB version.

For more information, see this announcement post. Click the X in the top right-corner of this box to dismiss this message.

A latest shell provider edition

Old posts that have not been replied to for several years.
c
curmbox

A latest shell provider edition

Post by curmbox »

Hye guys and gals ,. We have a new provider in town ,.,. www.shellserv.net , im not really advertising but want some info on how to improve our website , those who are international buyers but still want to subscribe can you tell me how do other shell's do it ? email me !! thanks !!!
p
ppslim
Revered One

Post by ppslim »

If this is going to become a "return by e-mail only" thread, ti will be closed as nothing but advertisment.

However, here are a few sugestions

1: Do not accept payment through PayPal.

Should a customer perform a chargeback through there CC provider, it is you that becomes the fraudster in the eyes of PayPal.

2: Authenticate all transactions via another means.

These include:
posting details to the address in question.
requesting a faw or postal letter, containing a photocopy of the CC in question, ID and some form of utility bill header.

You are within your rights to charge a processing fee within the setup charge for this.

3: Allways authenticate the e-mail address

4: Do not accept free e-mail accounts.

Checkout who owns the domain associated with the e-mail address, and check if it is a company or ISP.

5: Check the headers of e-mails, make sure that you they are not using return-to addresses to fool you.

6: On any corespondance, ask that they visit a web-page, and enter a code to say they received the letter or e-mail.

Continue to send e-mails for at least 2 weeks, and check the last time the logged in to make sure they are not just ignoring you and prentending not to be there.

7: Setup a system where each user has a personalised MOTD. On top, set up the system, so you are notified that the message has been displayed to them.

Genraly make it so that you can confirm the customer has received details, and that they can't say you didn't warn them. Do not just cut them off, as this usualy causes them to make people aware how bad your business is.
c
curmbox

Post by curmbox »

Thanks for the usefull guidelines ,.,. !!! Appriciate it !! :lol:
U
U
Voice

Post by U »

Hm, alot of the providers I've used take paypal. I find it interesting they still do if they could get in trouble like you state :)
U
irc.foreverchat.net Founder