This is the new home of the egghelp.org community forum.
All data has been migrated (including user logins/passwords) to a new phpBB version.

For more information, see this announcement post. Click the X in the top right-corner of this box to dismiss this message.

Eggdrop + Epona + Unreal3.1.1 = :o(

Old posts that have not been replied to for several years.
G

Post by Guest »

im running eggdrop 1.6.5 on a server with epona services, and the server is running Unreal3.1.1, and whenever one server from the network delinks, my eggy goes nuts and starts kicking services from the room, saying something about "Abusing Desynch", so, i went into the config file, and added +nodesync, hoping it would help, but, when the eggy came back, he continue his rampage....how can i fix this?
thx in advance...
-Matt
p
ppslim
Revered One

Post by ppslim »

OK - you say you changed the setting in the config file. Did you rehash the bot to activate the settings.

Eggdrop does not re-read the config file unless you tell it too.
I
Ian-Highlander
Op

Post by Ian-Highlander »

Your other option is to create a "user" in your bots userlist called Services or something and give it the hostmask for the services *!*@localhost.net or whatever it may be. Then give it the +f flag.

This should sort the problem, as I had a similar problem with the Auspice services that we run on the server I'm an admin on and this cures this problem for us.

Hope this helps

Regards

Ian-Highlander
"Insanity Takes Its Toll, Please Have Exact Change"