This is the new home of the egghelp.org community forum.
All data has been migrated (including user logins/passwords) to a new phpBB version.

For more information, see this announcement post. Click the X in the top right-corner of this box to dismiss this message.

does this exsist ?

Old posts that have not been replied to for several years.
O
Ofloo
Owner

does this exsist ?

Post by Ofloo »

hi is there a server.mod out there so i can make an eggdrop connect like a server or service not as a client ..?
XplaiN but think of me as stupid
GodOfSuicide
Master

Post by GodOfSuicide »

http://members.fortunecity.com/eggheadtcl/
demo-connect.tcl
demo-listen.tcl

those tcl's show how this could be done with TCL, but i dunno if there is a module
O
Ofloo
Owner

Post by Ofloo »

i know how its done :p with out module but it would be nicer if there where but tnx any way hehe realy tnx
BarkerJr
Op

Post by BarkerJr »

Well, it probably differs depending on what ircd you're talking to. You don't see many networks running on different flavours of ircds, do you? :)
O
Ofloo
Owner

Post by Ofloo »

yes i do know and realize that and its even harder cause they kinda look alike so .. but many irc clients seem to have found a way arround it so i am sur it's possible ..
T
TLM
Voice

Post by TLM »

Ofloo wrote:yes i do know and realize that and its even harder cause they kinda look alike so .. but many irc clients seem to have found a way arround it so i am sur it's possible ..
Server to Server links are diffrent, but Server to client, is almost 100% the same, execpt for those networks with things like halfops. Each ircu has a way to talk to its kind, but the servers to clients all speak the same language. Thats what I know at lease unless I can be proven wrong.

(Ever try using telnet as an IRC client to diffrent networks with diffrent server types, and you will see its basicly the same.)