This is the new home of the egghelp.org community forum.
All data has been migrated (including user logins/passwords) to a new phpBB version.

For more information, see this announcement post. Click the X in the top right-corner of this box to dismiss this message.

linkin error though i've done this before!@#

Old posts that have not been replied to for several years.
C
CcL
Voice

linkin error though i've done this before!@#

Post by CcL »

yo guys.. i've done this like a few hundred times and this problem never occured before. i've just loaded the hub on another shell and are trying to link the leafs to it. i've changed hub before so i did as i always had. when i tried linking, this error came up:
[01:08] [uol] *** Linked to hub
[01:08] [uol] [22:09] Downloading user file from hub
[01:08] [uol] [22:09] Lost userfile transfer from hub; aborting.
[01:08] [uol] *** hub
[01:08] [uol] [22:09] (Userlist download aborted.)

could anyone be of assistance? i've tried everything i thought could be wrong but no avail :( :oops:
f
foobar
Voice

Post by foobar »

i too am having this same problem... I have a 10 bot botnet, all was fine and dany for weeks no problems linking, and no problems with user file transfers. All of a sudden i get from every bot these types of errors...

Password timeout
Lost connection while identing
Lost userfile transfer; aborting

Could this just be a slow network issue? I have increased the ident time-out , as well as the transfer time-out, but no luck. Any suggestions?
D
Darmoth
Master

Post by Darmoth »

this is most likely a problem caused by the network, like lagged bots.
I have the the problem sometimes but after a few retries the bots are always linking fine.
s
shadough
Voice

Post by shadough »

You might need to switch hubs again. it sounds like the host your using as a hub is drained of most of its resources and thus the bots timeout on userfile transfer. Perhaps too many eggdrops on this host, too much drain on the CPU. Or have the admins reboot the server :) haha
gumbydammit
Master

Post by gumbydammit »

is there a firewall on this box? or NAT? check reserved-portrange setting in conf if there is and allow traffic on the ports you set..
a.k.a. hellios
f
foobar
Voice

Post by foobar »

I have upgraded all bots to the latest eggdrop, and recreated the botnet, but i am stil getting the Lost connection while identing problem.

However if i manualy type .link leaf from the hub bot it will successfully connect and transfer userfile without error. Is there a way to force the hub to connect to the leafs instead of the leafs attempting to connect to the hub?
gumbydammit
Master

Post by gumbydammit »

sure use the +h flag (auto-link)..
a.k.a. hellios
f
foobar
Voice

Post by foobar »

i thought you just use +h botattr for the hub record on the leafs so they know who is the hub? you are syaing i have to add a +h botattr to all the leaf records on the hub bot?
gumbydammit
Master

Post by gumbydammit »

well the word hub in the description of +h flag is kinda decieving..
all +h does is autolink. your share flags determine who is hub ( hub shares aggresive to leaf) you can really set +h either way you wish
a.k.a. hellios