This is the new home of the egghelp.org community forum.
All data has been migrated (including user logins/passwords) to a new phpBB version.

For more information, see this announcement post. Click the X in the top right-corner of this box to dismiss this message.

Modifying Bseen.tcl

Old posts that have not been replied to for several years.
YooHoo
Owner

Modifying Bseen.tcl

Post by YooHoo »

Im pullin my hair out trying to figure out what to alter in the bseen tcl so I don't get this return:

[7:49] <YooHoo> !seen SnOoPs`
[7:50] <The^Phooka> I found 140 matches to your query; please refine it to see any output.
[7:50] <NeferTiTi> I found 151 matches to your query; please refine it to see any output.

Its driving me crazy :o Only happens with people who for some odd reason change thier nicks a hundred+ times. Is there a way to alter this that I'm just missin?
Thanks
De Kus
Revered One

Post by De Kus »

I suggest you open the seen dat file and search for the nick to see its hostmark. I dupt its a common hostmark used by various people. I can't imagine someone could have that much nicks... if he has no auto nick change script he would have been kicked for nick flood long ago :D.
YooHoo
Owner

Post by YooHoo »

Having to go thru the dat file is the first thing im trying to avoid. Erasing 160 different entrys just to get a return isnt what I'm after, I could have done that without asking for help.
De Kus
Revered One

Post by De Kus »

I didn't say anything from erasing, just searching :p. This is so called 'Trouble-Shooting'. Not knowing the root only fighting the symptoms will most likly end up in more work ^^.

btw. if you are so crazy to display all goto line 319 (v1.4.2) and remove this line:

Code: Select all

if {$len > 99} {return [concat I found $len matches to your query\; please refine it to see any output.]}
I wish you fun driving your bot crazy. I suggest to kill this multi hitter, it might timeout your bot, if it is abused by channel members.