This is the new home of the egghelp.org community forum.
All data has been migrated (including user logins/passwords) to a new phpBB version.

For more information, see this announcement post. Click the X in the top right-corner of this box to dismiss this message.

Help

Old posts that have not been replied to for several years.
P
ProToz

Post by ProToz »

ok i am trying to set up a windows eggdrop but when i try to run the conf file it says
can't determine hostname.

my m8 who has tried to run a windows eggdrop has gotten the same problem can you help me plz :smile:
p
ppslim
Revered One

Post by ppslim »

Try setting your IP and hostname in the config file, under the section, "set my-hostname"
B
BassTeQ

Post by BassTeQ »

Yes the problem is its a 'windows' eggy!
hehehe

As ppslim said, have a look in your config file it should talk about manually setting the IP/hostname if the bot cant detect it itself.
D
Darmoth
Master

Post by Darmoth »

Q: Windrop still reports "* Can't determine your hostname!" or "* Hostname self-lookup failed."
A: It may help to put an entry in your Windowshosts file (On Windows 9x/ME) or WinntSystem32Driversetchost file (On Windows 2000) that matches what you set my-hostname to. See the Windowshosts.sam file (On Windows 9x/ME) or WinntSystem32Driversetchost.sam file (On Windows 2000) for a sample hosts file

(http://windrop.sourceforge.net/windropfaq.html)

And make sure you edit the file dns.reg
stdragon
Owner

Post by stdragon »

Try unloading the dns module, that helped me. (find the line that says "loadmodule dns" and put a "#" at the beginning)
caesar
Mint Rubber

Post by caesar »

Have you edited resolv.conf file? Edit in there and put the "nameserver". For me this helped coz my eggy din't connect until I made that change.
b
bobjuh
Master

Post by bobjuh »

On 2001-12-14 09:04, stdragon wrote:
Try unloading the dns module, that helped me. (find the line that says "loadmodule dns" and put a "#" at the beginning)
the newer eggdrops are not as easy to run on windows.

when i used windrops i just stuck with 1.4.3 and had no problems.

Then there was still nothing. But you could see it.

E-mail: bobjuh@linux-nl.org ICQ : 93055193
Homepage: http://www.flikkervriendjes.net

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: bobjuh on 2001-12-14 17:00 ]</font>
Yourname
Master

Post by Yourname »

Hmm, Its so good to see some positive attitude towards windrop :wink: But then the bottomline always remains 'Windows isnt good'
Dormant egghead.