This is the new home of the egghelp.org community forum.
All data has been migrated (including user logins/passwords) to a new phpBB version.

For more information, see this announcement post. Click the X in the top right-corner of this box to dismiss this message.

Need pubm to catch ALL messages, even when pub is defined

Old posts that have not been replied to for several years.
D
Darragh

Need pubm to catch ALL messages, even when pub is defined

Post by Darragh »

Hi,

for anti-spamming issues I need to define a pubm that catches every line people send on a channel even if it's a line that triggers a pub that is defined in addition. To quote the manual:
Also, if a line triggers a PUB bind, it will not trigger a PUBM bind.
Is there some trick to prevent this?

Ps: I tried a search but didn't find any results, if I am just to stupid to find the right search terms, a pointer would be appreciated :)

Thanks,
Darragh
e
egghead
Master

Re: Need pubm to catch ALL messages, even when pub is define

Post by egghead »

Darragh wrote:Hi,

for anti-spamming issues I need to define a pubm that catches every line people send on a channel even if it's a line that triggers a pub that is defined in addition. To quote the manual:
Also, if a line triggers a PUB bind, it will not trigger a PUBM bind.
Is there some trick to prevent this?

Ps: I tried a search but didn't find any results, if I am just to stupid to find the right search terms, a pointer would be appreciated :)

Thanks,
Darragh
Have you tried binding to a RAW?
D
Darragh

Re: Need pubm to catch ALL messages, even when pub is define

Post by Darragh »

egghead wrote:Have you tried binding to a RAW?
:oops: Never thought about using that: will try, thanks a lot :)

Darragh
p
ppslim
Revered One

Post by ppslim »

RAW is the way to go, but be careful, you must force a return code to exit your proedure, or face missing text.
D
Darragh

Post by Darragh »

ppslim wrote:RAW is the way to go, but be careful, you must force a return code to exit your proedure, or face missing text.
Thanks again for the answers. I changed to RAW meanwhile and it works perfectly. And thanks for the tip with the forced return code :)