This is the new home of the egghelp.org community forum.
All data has been migrated (including user logins/passwords) to a new phpBB version.

For more information, see this announcement post. Click the X in the top right-corner of this box to dismiss this message.

Question about NEED-OP

Old posts that have not been replied to for several years.
g
Halfop

Question about NEED-OP

Post by guest »

Hi,

I would like to ask: How many commands I can put together when I chanset the "need-op" variable? Now that, I have

.chanset need-op putserv "PRIVMSG nickserv : identify [botnick] [pwd]"; putserv "PRIVMSG chanserv : op [#chan] [botnick]"

and it seems to work fine. But when I set the variable like this (I want the bot to be +ao on the chan, not only +o),

.chanset need-op putserv "PRIVMSG nickserv : identify [botnick] [pwd]"; putserv "PRIVMSG chanserv : op [#chan] [botnick]"; putserv "MODE [chan] +a [botnick]"

I get really weird Tcl errors like ' missing " ', although all quotes are there, or 'command should be PUTSERV "TEXT ?OPTIONS?"', although the syntax is okay, as you can see. So i wanted to ask: Can i put only two commands together, or can there be more commands, too?

Thanks,

user

Post by user »

All the need-* settings are limited to 160 bytes (iirc), so if you need more you should create and call a proc instead. You might want to check out the need-bind instead :)
Have you ever read "The Manual"?
g
Halfop

;-)

Post by guest »

Well, not really :oops: - i just looked for "need-op"
stere0
Halfop

example

Post by stere0 »

You can do something like this:
proc needop {chan} {