This is the new home of the egghelp.org community forum.
All data has been migrated (including user logins/passwords) to a new phpBB version.

For more information, see this announcement post. Click the X in the top right-corner of this box to dismiss this message.

Autoop troubles

Old posts that have not been replied to for several years.
G

Post by Guest »

Greetings,
I have a channel set to +autoop a couple of users at join, and it works - but slowly. It takes what looks like about 15 seconds for the ops to take effect on channel join. Is this normal, or can it be adjusted?
In my .chan file I noticed an option set in there that reads "aop-delay 5:30' - does this have anything to do with the issue?

Also, I am fuzzy on the difference between setting a user's flag to +o and +a. The way I understand is that a user can be +a and if joining a channel marked +autoop, will be autooped. If the user is marked +o will they also be autooped? And if not, how may a user request ops from a bot if auto op is not set?
THX
P
Petersen
Owner

Post by Petersen »

that aop-delay means that ops is given on a random timer between 5 and 30 seconds after user joins chan. +a means user is always auto-opped regardless if the channel is set +autoop or not. +autoop means it will also autoop +o users. users can request ops on non-autoop chans by either /msg bot op pass, or by dccing the bot and doing .op nick chan on partyline (more secure)