This is the new home of the egghelp.org community forum.
All data has been migrated (including user logins/passwords) to a new phpBB version.

For more information, see this announcement post. Click the X in the top right-corner of this box to dismiss this message.

Monitor Current Connections

Old posts that have not been replied to for several years.
M
Mark
Voice

Monitor Current Connections

Post by Mark »

is there any way (scriptwise) to monitor all the connections to you own server at one time? i know the command /stats u, but that isnt current connections, its max connections.
user

Post by user »

saying what ircd you're running might be a good idea :P try '/stats l'
Have you ever read "The Manual"?
demond
Revered One

Post by demond »

check out tcm.tcl

it's a small connection monitor script for operbot; works on ircd-hybrid only, but should be easily portable to any ircd that issues "Client connecting" notices to opers
M
Mark
Voice

Post by Mark »

user wrote:saying what ircd you're running might be a good idea :P try '/stats l'
Unreal3.2....a '/who *' shows a list of everyone connected, but by name, anyone know how i could get that to output a number?
caesar
Mint Rubber

Post by caesar »

As far as I know the "/who *" wiill only give you only a list with the people that aren't marked with "+i" (invisible).
Once the game is over, the king and the pawn go back in the same box.
M
Mark
Voice

Post by Mark »

figured it out....its /lusers (thats an L), it gives you a number of the current connections, and the max its ever been at.....thx for the help though
O
Ofloo
Owner

Post by Ofloo »

check out tcm.tcl

it's a small connection monitor script for operbot; works on ircd-hybrid only, but should be easily portable to any ircd that issues "Client connecting" notices to opers
verry nice script where can i find more about tcm ..? i ive seen tcm hybrid servers and i have no clue what they are but i would like to know cause i run an hybrid based network .. tnx in advance.
XplaiN but think of me as stupid
demond
Revered One

Post by demond »

Ofloo wrote:
check out tcm.tcl

verry nice script where can i find more about tcm ..? i ive seen tcm hybrid servers and i have no clue what they are but i would like to know cause i run an hybrid based network .. tnx in advance.
TCM stands for Texas Connection Monitor, a connection monitor bot written in C few years ago by somebody of irc.texas.net's staff (a long-gone EFnet server); since then, it has been in continuous development, not much as of late though; see hybrid's website for more information and latest version