This is the new home of the egghelp.org community forum.
All data has been migrated (including user logins/passwords) to a new phpBB version.

For more information, see this announcement post. Click the X in the top right-corner of this box to dismiss this message.

Complete Noob - A bit lost

General support and discussion of Eggdrop bots.
t
thenashy
Voice

Complete Noob - A bit lost

Post by thenashy »

Hi Guys,

I've had a quick look around and found this site seems to have the most members who have a clue as to what they are doing.

I've searched around and found bits here and there, but I'm a little lost and confused with everything I'm reading. I'm a complete noob when it comes to IRC, and Eggdrop is a term I learned today.

I'm not the greatest in shell, but given instructions, I can usually get my wa through it. However, this has failed me today, and I'm really worried I will break something.

I'm pretty sure I will be ok with getting Eggdrop installed later tonight on my new IRC setup, however I am really looking for some functionality. I'm not sure if it exists.

I did find a thread, but as above, I got lost and confused.

I run a vBulletin 4 board, and I would like access to the IRC to be limited to the users of the forum, and I would like them to login via their forum username and password.

Is this possible, if so, can someone give me instructions, or point me in the right direction to get this underway.

I appreciate any help you guys can give, and look forward to reading over any solutions. :)