This is the new home of the egghelp.org community forum.
All data has been migrated (including user logins/passwords) to a new phpBB version.

For more information, see this announcement post. Click the X in the top right-corner of this box to dismiss this message.

Can't connect to Undernet - what am I missing?

General support and discussion of Eggdrop bots.
n
nondem
Voice

Can't connect to Undernet - what am I missing?

Post by nondem »

Hi, I've done my best to troubleshoot this without posting. I'm not using the right search terms because nothing relevant is coming up. I'm sure I've missed something somewhere so please excuse me if this is something simple/stupid.

I've got eggdrop 1.8 running, I can telnet to it and it basically has no errors but I can't get it to connect to any undernet servers.

I believe I have turned on all the relevant flags in the .conf file for logging but nothing is explaining to me what is wrong

I've tried this on my home linux (NATed) pc and also on a "real" Internet IP non-NATed Linux server with the same results.

It basically just keeps trying to connect but never does. I realize undernet is pretty bad - but I've got every undernet server I could find listed in my servers key in the .conf file but none of them get connected.
Here is the output from one server that does give a "Connect" message - but doesn't close the deal. I changed the actual nick of the bot here to MYBOT to protect the innocent :)

[10:27:42] Trying server [Dallas.TX.US.Undernet.Org]:6667
[10:27:42] [!m] NICK MYBOT
[10:27:42] [m->] NICK MYBOT
[10:27:42] [!m] USER MYBOT . . :/msg MYBOT hello
[10:27:42] [m->] USER MYBOT . . :/msg MYBOT hello
[10:27:42] net: connect! sock 8
[10:27:42] Connected to Dallas.TX.US.Undernet.Org
[10:27:42] [@]
[10:27:42] net: eof!(read) socket 8
[10:27:42] Disconnected from Dallas.TX.US.Undernet.Org
n
nondem
Voice

Added clue

Post by nondem »

On the advice of a nice fellow who found me on IRC...I tried another network besides undernet. Same symptoms.

I'm rolling back to 1.6...will see how that works and post back. 1.6 worked fine for me a few months back on the same network.
SpiKe^^
Owner

Post by SpiKe^^ »

My opinion is that undernet has finally gotten almost impossible to connect to.

Four of my 6 bots have been unable to connect at all for near a week.

This evening my home micr client wasn't able to connect at all for near 2 1/2 hours.

It's very sad to see it go but....
SpiKe^^

Get BogusTrivia 2.06.4.7 at www.mytclscripts.com
or visit the New Tcl Acrhive at www.tclarchive.org
n
nondem
Voice

Undernet

Post by nondem »

It seems as stable as usual :)

FTR: Supybot works fine on undernet at the moment....so it's something w/eggdrop.