This is the new home of the egghelp.org community forum.
All data has been migrated (including user logins/passwords) to a new phpBB version.

For more information, see this announcement post. Click the X in the top right-corner of this box to dismiss this message.

Taking over an eggdrop bot from a friend

General support and discussion of Eggdrop bots.
a
almostki
Voice

Taking over an eggdrop bot from a friend

Post by almostki »

Hi,

I have complete access to the eggdrop that my friend gave to me (via access to the server itself). I was wondering what I need to do to switch the owner to my nickname? I need to be able to rehash the bot I guess this is "global master?". I know where to add the owner in the config but not sure how to rehash it, would this fix my problem?

Sorry if this question has been asked before.

Thanks!
Madalin
Master

Post by Madalin »

If your friend really wants to give you full access why doesnt he gives you access from IRC so that you will have global owner access direct? What are you saying is almost 'hacking' into his account as you will mess with the .user file and try to get access to an eggdrop. So ask your friend if he can give you access from dcc chat using .adduser/.chattr and then you will have full access. In the past alot of others comed here and asked for things like that and alot of them hacked accounts. But to answer your question you cannot rehash the bot without access to the eggdrop.
n
nml375
Revered One

Post by nml375 »

I do agree that this question seems... a bit dubious.
I will only respond with information that should be considered common knowledge;
  • global-master - This is a list of handles (not nicknames) that are permanent owners, that cannot have their owner privileges removed by other owners. This list may also be checked for the .set and .tcl commands (configurable). Removing a handle from this list will not automatically remove the permissions from the handle, only permit other owners to use the .chattr command to remove the +n flag.
  • Rehashing the bot - Depending on the value of die-on-sighup and die-on-sigterm, an eggdrop will either rehash or die upon receiving these signals (SIGHUP, SIGTERM). Eggdrop will always be terminated on the SIGKILL signal.
NML_375