This is the new home of the egghelp.org community forum.
All data has been migrated (including user logins/passwords) to a new phpBB version.

For more information, see this announcement post. Click the X in the top right-corner of this box to dismiss this message.

Change the command prefix

General support and discussion of Eggdrop bots.
L
Listing
Voice

Change the command prefix

Post by Listing »

Unfortunately a custom irc server I want to operate the bot on blocks all messages that start with a ".".

Is it possible to change it into, let's say "!", without modifying the sourcecode?

Thanks in advance.
Madalin
Master

Post by Madalin »

Yes it is possible but we need to see the code (script) in order to modify into the new trigger.
Last edited by Madalin on Sat Jul 06, 2013 12:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
w
willyw
Revered One

Re: Change the command prefix

Post by willyw »

Listing wrote:Unfortunately a custom irc server I want to operate the bot on blocks all messages that start with a ".".

Is it possible to change it into, let's say "!", without modifying the sourcecode?

Thanks in advance.
"sourcecode" implies the source that you compiled, to make your Eggdrop bot.

The first comment, about the irc server, implies messages that go through that server - public posts in channels, and querys (often called PM).

Commands that start with "." implies partyline commands.
When you log in to the partyline, you are using DCC chat. (or telnet)
DCC chat is not going through the irc server.

Thus, if you are asking about commands that you use in the partyline, the leading "." won't be affected by the irc server.

Have you tried it?
n
nml375
Revered One

Post by nml375 »

Adding to willyw's comment,
Native eggdrop commands are only sent over private messages (PM's) and dcc chat. PM-commands do not have any command prefix, and the list of commands is rather short (PASS, IDENT, ADDHOST, OP, VOICE, a few more).

First question; are we talking of a script adding new commands to your eggdrop? (if yes, which scripts?)
NML_375
L
Listing
Voice

Post by Listing »

Thank you for your help. The problem is that JTV blocks commands preceeded by a "." and also disallows dcc-chat and private messages. I guess this is a helpless case then ;-)
n
nml375
Revered One

Post by nml375 »

If you can't use either dcc-chat or private messages, then what commands are you talking about?
If you are talking of some public channel commands, what script(s) are you using to provide these?
NML_375
w
willyw
Revered One

Post by willyw »

Listing wrote:...
I guess this is a helpless case then ;-)

Have you tried to telnet to your bot, and log in that way?
L
Listing
Voice

Post by Listing »

Yea that works, thank you.