This is the new home of the egghelp.org community forum.
All data has been migrated (including user logins/passwords) to a new phpBB version.

For more information, see this announcement post. Click the X in the top right-corner of this box to dismiss this message.

Request: Blacklist

Requests for complete scripts or modifications/fixes for scripts you didn't write. Response not guaranteed, and no thread bumping!
S
SoUkSoU
Voice

Request: Blacklist

Post by SoUkSoU »

Hello Egg members.

Info for what i need and searching for:

I want a tcl mostly for akicks. If it is possible to add users to the bot via MSG commands or public commands. When the user with flags type to bot the command for akick then the $nick will be banned from the channel every time that it will joining the channel. Something like Chanserv akick but from the bot. Of course the bot can show the blacklist via a command.

Something like that:

Code: Select all

/msg BOT !adduser nick flags
/msg BOT !deluser nick
/msg BOT !listusers
/msg BOT !blacklist
/msg BOT !remkline (<-example) ID
Public Commands:
!kline (<-example) nick Reason
Regards,
Get_A_Fix
Master

Post by Get_A_Fix »

I have a couple of different scripts, but both do 2 of the things you wanted. First, there's the User management part, found Here and the Ban Management found Here
For User Management, you will have to login via DCC/telnet, and type

.-user handle
to remove global operators and above, but it gives you the ability (as a chanowner), to delsop/delaop/delaov.

Sometimes it's quicker to have seperate TCL files, than 1 big bloated file. TCL is still pretty fast, regardless, but I like to split mine up for more control.
We explore.. and you call us criminals. We seek after knowledge.. and you call us criminals. We exist without skin color, without nationality, without religious bias.. and you call us criminals.
S
SoUkSoU
Voice

Ban Moderation

Post by SoUkSoU »

At the second tcl " Ban Moderation " when i add a ban is like akick ?

Example if i add a ban and then someone remove it and he will rejoin again he will be banned again ?

Sorry for my bad english .
Get_A_Fix
Master

Re: Ban Moderation

Post by Get_A_Fix »

SoUkSoU wrote:At the second tcl " Ban Moderation " when i add a ban is like akick ?

Example if i add a ban and then someone remove it and he will rejoin again he will be banned again ?

Sorry for my bad english .
Yes, the addban is for a permanent channel ban, while gban is for a global ban. These bans are always perm, until you use the delban or delgban commands.
We explore.. and you call us criminals. We seek after knowledge.. and you call us criminals. We exist without skin color, without nationality, without religious bias.. and you call us criminals.
S
SoUkSoU
Voice

Error

Post by SoUkSoU »

Well im getting this when im trying to !addban

[08:58:37] Tcl error [banint:pub]: wrong # args: no script following "[isban $banmask $chan] && ![regexp c [getchanmode $chan]]" argument
Get_A_Fix
Master

Re: Error

Post by Get_A_Fix »

Very strange, I've never had this error and many other people use this script without complication. All I can think is that you don't have TCL installed properly.

Are you typing the command properly also?
example:

!addban *!*@banmask.etc reason-for-ban
which would look like:

!addban *!*@123.456.789.10 I don't want you joining my channel!! Go away!!
If it still fails, after you've typed the command properly, then try installing TCL on the server properly, or have the admin install it for you.
Required TCL packages are as follows:

tcl8.4 tcl8.4-dev tcl8.5 tcl8.5-dev tcllib
(AND, if you want to run any 1.8/1.9 bots, or need the bot to access HTTPS pages, you may also want

tcl-tls
package installed).
w
willyw
Revered One

Post by willyw »

Get_A_Fix wrote: ...
All I can think is that you don't have TCL installed properly.
That reminds me.
I've had it happen that I didn't notice a line wrap as I copy-n-pasted. (Not with this particular script of yours, but with others of mine)

Because your script(s) were posted in a forum, I cannot help but wonder if this is what has happened.
Get_A_Fix
Master

Post by Get_A_Fix »

hmm, very possible, willyw. I have set it up so that shouldn't be a problem, but I guess it also depends a lot on the editor that is being used to paste into. No one else that has copied this script has had the same problem, which was why I thought the user may not have any *-dev packages, or needed 8.5 installed.

SoUkSoU, go through the script, line per line, see if there are any breaks in the code that need to be fixed. Hopefully that's all that's wrong with it, heh.