This is the new home of the egghelp.org community forum.
All data has been migrated (including user logins/passwords) to a new phpBB version.

For more information, see this announcement post. Click the X in the top right-corner of this box to dismiss this message.

Limit partyline to localhost only?

General support and discussion of Eggdrop bots.
r
raider2k
Op

Limit partyline to localhost only?

Post by raider2k »

Hello fellas and friends of eggdrops,

I am wondering what I need to do to the conf file when I want the partyline (over telnet) to be accessed only from localhost and not over official IPs or something like that. Maybe this is just a tricky question and actually very simple to answer or find answers to it on the forum but I did run searches and was not able to find a single thing.

Help is appreciated, thanks a lot :)
caesar
Mint Rubber

Post by caesar »

What do you mean by "over official IPs or something like that"? Unless you don't give someone the "p" user flag he/she can't enter the party-line.
Once the game is over, the king and the pawn go back in the same box.
r
raider2k
Op

Post by raider2k »

Hi caesar,

let me try to describe it a little bit better, using a random ip:

a server running eggdrops has the ip xx.xx.xx.xx (connectable from anywhere in the world which I consider as "official ip") assigned to eth0 with port 3310 for eggdrops partyline access. Now what I dont like is any connect attempt to port 3310 at all from any other place than localhost/127.0.0.1, flag or not.

I hope this explains it more than before.

Moderator edit: no need to show your real IP.
caesar
Mint Rubber

Post by caesar »

If you don't want anyone to connect to that IP on that port why don't you just filter it out via firewall? :)

Anyway, see Enable protect-telnet.
Once the game is over, the king and the pawn go back in the same box.