This is the new home of the egghelp.org community forum.
All data has been migrated (including user logins/passwords) to a new phpBB version.

For more information, see this announcement post. Click the X in the top right-corner of this box to dismiss this message.

Execute Linux application and return console output

Requests for complete scripts or modifications/fixes for scripts you didn't write. Response not guaranteed, and no thread bumping!
x
x0x
Op

Execute Linux application and return console output

Post by x0x »

I would like to execute a Linux application and return the console output to the channel.

Example

User in channel:

!ping 1.2.3.4

Eggdrop acts by running the following command and returns the output to the channel. Including new lines as shown on the Linux console.

ping -c 3 1.2.3.4

If I have a script like this, I could use it for other Linux applications as well.

Thanks!
Get_A_Fix
Master

Re: Execute Linux application and return console output

Post by Get_A_Fix »

x0x wrote: If I have a script like this, I could use it for other Linux applications as well.
Exactly, and that's why people ask for scripts like this, so they can use eggdrop as a botnet bot and remotely install, then use said botnet.

The code you're looking for is actually very easy to make, it is just very malicious and if used correctly/incorrectly it could ruin a user acct, or worse..
We explore.. and you call us criminals. We seek after knowledge.. and you call us criminals. We exist without skin color, without nationality, without religious bias.. and you call us criminals.
x
x0x
Op

Post by x0x »

Ok, while I do understand that, I just want to run ping and something like traceroute on my own server. So if there's anybody that can help out; I'd appreciate it!
w
willyw
Revered One

Post by willyw »

http://www.egghelp.org/tclhtml/3478-4-0 ... gshell.htm

Examine that and see if it meets your needs.