This is the new home of the egghelp.org community forum.
All data has been migrated (including user logins/passwords) to a new phpBB version.

For more information, see this announcement post. Click the X in the top right-corner of this box to dismiss this message.

userfile sharing just won't work....

Old posts that have not been replied to for several years.
q
quick

userfile sharing just won't work....

Post by quick »

Hi, sorry for asking this as i know lots of people have already and i've read all the other posts that i searched for in the database.

Anyway same old problem the bots will link but won't share the userfile.

Heres the error:

leaf bot

[13:01] Failed connection; aborted userfile transfer.

hub bot

[13:02] Timeout on userfile transfer.

I've tried everything known to man, my-ip, nat-ip etc.... firewall settings

Is there anyone who knows the source of this error? Or have suggestions for things to try?

used all different versions of windrop even the newest version.

Thanks,

quick
D
Darmoth
Master

Post by Darmoth »

Hm, i suppose your channels are set to +share, and the bot flags are set +s and +hp.
Are you on dalnet? They have severe problems with some ddos lately, I know from my own experiance this will abort a userfile transfer there sometimes.
q
quick

Post by quick »

Yeah i have all +shared and the flags +hp on leaf and +s on hub (also tried the +g) :(

I'm trying on efnet, don't think its a irc server issue.. shouldn't be anyway.

quick
N
Nexus6
Op

Post by Nexus6 »

# Set here the time (in seconds) to wait before an inactive transfer
# times out.
set xfer-timeout 30
try increasing this, it might help
gumbydammit
Master

Post by gumbydammit »

Are you by chance behind a NAT or is the bot you are connecting to?? i recently had a similar problem trying to connect to bots on NAT for a share...I solved it by commenting the my-ip and my-hostname lines and using only nat-ip(outside ip) like the conf suggests... Then forwarded the appropriate ports .. (you can get these with a .dcc as your bot tries to send the userfile)
When i first did this i had DEADFOOD or something or other in my .dcc so if you see that its prolly something similar
q
quick

Post by quick »

Thanks for the suggestions, I have tried increasing timeouts on just about every setting.. :(

And yes my bot(s) are being NAT, i have tried setting the my-ip setting but not both the my-ip and my-hostname at the same time, i'll give that a shot tried just about everything else :P

Also i have DMZ'd all the ports to the computer running the bot(s).

Thanks, will let you know how it works out

quick
P
Photon
Op

Post by Photon »

Question : are the two bots on the same machine?

If so - I had this exact problem. I think it was because I had a default policy of DROP on pre-routing. I also set both bots address to the INTERNAL IP (i.e 192.168.0.1:Port)

Also try turning on debug console - it can tell you an awful lot more about why the connection was dropped (.help console for more on this) - not if its a firewall problem, but...

If they're not on the same machine, then its usually just a matter of making the pre-requisate ports open.

Oh - one more thing - if they are on the same machine - dont use the same port for both of them!!! (stating the obvious, but...)
P
Photon
Op

Post by Photon »

/cue columbo wrinkly mac mode...

one more thing - you can test what is going on by attempting to telnet into the bot from the machine the other bot is on. (assuming your bot is lsitening on the same port for all). If it accepts telnets, but wont share user file, then you have a problem in the bot. Otherwise its a firewall thing.
g
gk^
Halfop

share files, 1 nat 1 non-nat

Post by gk^ »

I think i have the same problem as you do.

I have a hub-bot on a non-nat connection and a slave-bot on a nat connection. I've set nat-ip to the right ip.
botattr is +ghp and +ghs.
On the both bots I've specified transfer-ports.

And yes I can telnet to the bot with the nat connection.

Need more info on my config - let me know..

/ gk^ , thankfull for help