This is the new home of the egghelp.org community forum.
All data has been migrated (including user logins/passwords) to a new phpBB version.

For more information, see this announcement post. Click the X in the top right-corner of this box to dismiss this message.

auth by full hostmask

Old posts that have not been replied to for several years.
c
chronochaos

auth by full hostmask

Post by chronochaos »

Hi!

I was wondering if it's possible to make a bot recognize users by their full hostmask without having to hack the source. I'm going to run an eggdrop on QuakeNet, and since 9 out of 10 "gamers" are just as stupid as my brother, they don't know how to change their ident, so everyone got the same hostmask to the bot and therefore I've got 10 users with the same username (*!~cyh@*.telia.com which might be recognized as the user 'lamer'). Could I change so that when they do an ident command, the full hostmask (like nisse!~cyh@h76n1fls25o393.telia.com) will be added instead of the short one?
d
darko``
Op

Post by darko`` »

Yes, you could unbind msg - ident, and rebind it to trigger your own procedure that will add host to the user. Usefull pointers are in doc/tcl-commands.doc:

1) unbind
2) bind msg
3) setuser

In your particular case, i would suggest that you make/find a script that will track users and their info by adding a hostmask once they identify to bot and removing the hostmask the very momment they quit/part/split/get kicked.
Ignorant and lazy people will save 30 minutes by chosing simple config file. Smart ones will save 3000 minutes of *everyone's* time by opting for complete config file.
g
gk^
Halfop

Post by gk^ »

I just want to add that Telia.com does not give statis ip/hostmasks so you really doesnt have any use to get the full hostmask.. without that script that darko was talking about :)