This is the new home of the egghelp.org community forum.
All data has been migrated (including user logins/passwords) to a new phpBB version.

For more information, see this announcement post. Click the X in the top right-corner of this box to dismiss this message.

inverse

Old posts that have not been replied to for several years.
g
gk^
Halfop

inverse

Post by gk^ »

On http://www.baschny.de/eggdrop/faq/faq-f.html I found that

Code: Select all

\022
would make the color for a text reversed.. But when I try to use it on putdcc I just get the signs for reverse intead of the text being reverse.. Can anyone help me?
d
darko``
Op

Post by darko`` »

I assume (hopefully rightly) that you have a windows computer nearby. Just run mIRC do a CTR+R sign, and uplad it to your shell. Then, you just copy-paste it instead of \022.

(A bit awkward i admit. Does anyone have a better solution, without reproducing CTRL + R in vim?)
Ignorant and lazy people will save 30 minutes by chosing simple config file. Smart ones will save 3000 minutes of *everyone's* time by opting for complete config file.
stdragon
Owner

Post by stdragon »

Waht do you mean by "the signs for reverse"? Do you mean it prints out \022? Perhaps you are calling putdcc with { } instead of " "?
g
gk^
Halfop

Post by gk^ »

well.. I got some prob with my nat at my lan so I dont get the right codes.. like bold etc etc..

But a friend of mine tested and he told me that he got the sign for reverse.. the sign that mirc uses (his client) and I get something looking alot like a litte "big i (I)" like the mirc sign for reverse it a little "big t (T)"... anyway.. I'll try that thing with using mircs sign for reverse/inverse or what ever..
p
ppslim
Revered One

Post by ppslim »

NAT will never affect the IRC colour codes.

NAT is translating traffic from multiple IP's, into a single IP address.

This is done on the IP layer, and not on the application layer.
g
gk^
Halfop

Post by gk^ »

What I meant was: I have nat at my lan so I got some strange things due to that I can not start and dcc chat with the bot...