This is the new home of the egghelp.org community forum.
All data has been migrated (including user logins/passwords) to a new phpBB version.

For more information, see this announcement post. Click the X in the top right-corner of this box to dismiss this message.

Contagious botpack

Old posts that have not been replied to for several years.
t
tainted
Master

Contagious botpack

Post by tainted »

If anybody has newish contagious botpack source, I would greatly appricate a copy. No, I am NOT looking to rip it off, I just know of a bunch of bugs and holes in it that I would like to patch up for my private use. For anyone interested in writing a decryptor for it.. It seems to be encrypted using a hacked up blowfish method from psybnc.. C is pretty forigen to me, so thats about all I got figure out. :P
p
ppslim
Revered One

Post by ppslim »

Even for a a beginer C programmer, it isn't hard.

I managed to decrypt it less that 10 mins after downloading it. It's a simple matter of changing the order 2 functions are called, and the name of one to decrypt, rather than encrypt.
l
lordares
Voice

Re: Contagious botpack

Post by lordares »

tainted wrote:If anybody has newish contagious botpack source, I would greatly appricate a copy. No, I am NOT looking to rip it off, I just know of a bunch of bugs and holes in it that I would like to patch up for my private use. For anyone interested in writing a decryptor for it.. It seems to be encrypted using a hacked up blowfish method from psybnc.. C is pretty forigen to me, so thats about all I got figure out. :P

its actually pretty easy

if for some reason you want to change the servers list.. you can do so easily, without decrypting it (I just added that tutorial recently)...
see the official contagious website:

http://contagious.symbo1s.com/download.html

Notice, there is a now a 3.41 out, you may want to get that before you go modding it to your needs :)
E
EEggy
Op

Post by EEggy »

hi, what's contagious botpack source, eggdrop? just wondering

thanks
EEggy
t
tainted
Master

Post by tainted »

It is based on eggdrop, and the pack consists of a large tcl, which I have retrieved already. :wink: It wasn't just for the server list, I wished to address many small bugs and holes, add my own tcls to it, then reencrypt it for my own use. (Go me.)
E
EEggy
Op

Post by EEggy »

i see, but the site Lodares has mentioned, all i can see eggdrop source codes, still don't get it what's the diff between them n eggdrop?
again just wondering..
\thanks
EEggy
p
ppslim
Revered One

Post by ppslim »

As noted, it is eggdrop.

With the adition of an encrypted botpack (and possible source code changes), and a rather basic way of hiding information (only from people with lazy fingers).

Bot packs like this can be compared to redhat linux. They are a one stop solution, using existing components, with a few bells and whistles attached.
l
lordares
Voice

new site

Post by lordares »

The new cnt site is at: http://contagious.workbench.net