This is the new home of the egghelp.org community forum.
All data has been migrated (including user logins/passwords) to a new phpBB version.

For more information, see this announcement post. Click the X in the top right-corner of this box to dismiss this message.

On Join Auto Voice

Old posts that have not been replied to for several years.
p
ppslim
Revered One

Post by ppslim »

They are not faulse details, more incomplete.

Most people forget that one function of a program, can effect another. In this case, messages in the queue before pushmode is called (the mode queue doesn't just help mode changes), can direct effect how and when the pushmode change will take place.

I hate being right, as much as I love it. However, it's my and my mighty ways, that requires me to ram home messages :P.
strikelight
Owner

Post by strikelight »

ppslim wrote:They are not faulse details, more incomplete.

Most people forget that one function of a program, can effect another. In this case, messages in the queue before pushmode is called (the mode queue doesn't just help mode changes), can direct effect how and when the pushmode change will take place.

I hate being right, as much as I love it. However, it's my and my mighty ways, that requires me to ram home messages :P.
Well, in this case, you are wrong about the documentation :P
As Papillion posted:

pushmode <channel> <mode> [arg]
sends out a channel mode change (ex: pushmode #lame +o goober) through
the bot's queueing system; all the mode changes will be sent out at
once (combined into one line as much as possible) after the script
finishes, or when 'flushmode' is called

Note the sentence: "all the mode changes will be sent out at once after the script finishes...". This is false, as proved by yourself, and by the example I gave in my last post.
p
ppslim
Revered One

Post by ppslim »

Nope, you are forgetting to acknowledge the sentance before the one you quote.

As noted, they are queued. As we know, eggdrop queue support flood protection. This is where is the reason behind modes not being sent. It should probably read "sent as soon as possible" though.

If there is a real need to bypass the flood protection of the queue system, you can use the non-documented putdccraw command. It is very simalar to putdcc, but has 1 extra requirment, and 1 extra function.

putdcc uses the format
putdcc <idx> <string>
While putdccraw uses
putdccraw <idx> <string> <length>
You are required to pass the length of the data you wish to send. In most cases, a Tcl "string length" will be enough.

The extra function, is that you can use a IDX of 0, to send to the currently connected IRC server.
strikelight
Owner

Post by strikelight »

ppslim wrote:Nope, you are forgetting to acknowledge the sentance before the one you quote.

As noted, they are queued. As we know, eggdrop queue support flood protection. This is where is the reason behind modes not being sent. It should probably read "sent as soon as possible" though.
Well of course they are queues, but the sentence implies that the queue will be flushed/dumped to server upon exiting of script code. Thus, the doc is in error.

Quad Erad Demonstrantum.
S
SmokeyOne
Halfop

putdcc comands

Post by SmokeyOne »

putdcc comands can be tricky, from experience every knows that it can be annoying
p
ppslim
Revered One

Post by ppslim »

putdcc is not at issue here.

The partyline and an IRC server are 2 different things.

putdcc doesn't queue any of it's output.