This is the new home of the egghelp.org community forum.
All data has been migrated (including user logins/passwords) to a new phpBB version.

For more information, see this announcement post. Click the X in the top right-corner of this box to dismiss this message.

Gseen V1.1 bug with Seenstats

Old posts that have not been replied to for several years.
W
Weirdo
Master

Gseen V1.1 bug with Seenstats

Post by Weirdo »

Running Gseen on a windrop, V1.6.13. Just noticed that a completely blank line in irc, gives out a !seenstats message to that user
[19:09:06] <abigsmurf>
[19:10:03] <abigsmurf> *-minako- I'm currently tracking 1377 nicks using 238163 bytes.

[19:09:06] <Minako> [19:09] <<abigsmurf>> !*! seenstats
Any way to fix this?
caesar
Mint Rubber

Post by caesar »

I'm running an eggdrop 1.6.10 with gseen module and I've noticed the same thing.

"I'm currently tracking 7384 nicks using 705788 bytes."
Once the game is over, the king and the pawn go back in the same box.
p
ppslim
Revered One

Post by ppslim »

This is somthign that should be reported to the creator, however, I will have a look within the next hour, see if I can locate a fix.
p
ppslim
Revered One

Post by ppslim »

After a good hunt, all I can sugest, is to uploadf a copy of your gseen.conf to some suitable place, and post the links.

I will review them, then say if I find anythign wrong.

Other than small changes to this file, and possible errors with editor clients, adding accidental spaces, I can't see any other problems.

However, IO have tried.
caesar
Mint Rubber

Post by caesar »

Heh. Seem that we are a bit blind or something. Look in the gseen.conf file and you will find this line:

bind pub - ${cmdchar}seenstats *pub:!seenstats

just unbind it and/or change the flags. :] I knew that there is not a problem.. but forgot about it, just remembred I've seen something about it in the conf file :]
p
ppslim
Revered One

Post by ppslim »

This isn't the cause of the balnk line issue.

The ${cmdchar} code, allow you to change chich character is used before commands. I this code, you still have to type "seenstats" even if ${cmdchar} is set to <blank>
caesar
Mint Rubber

Post by caesar »

Seems also that you didn't got my point. I said that the !seenstats command work for any user cos it is set to and if he didn't want other pips to see that info to unbind or change the flags. Understood now what I meant to say?
p
ppslim
Revered One

Post by ppslim »

Yes, but it also seems the post doesn't any any question he asked.

He is complaining of a bug, that a blank line sent to the IRC server
PRIVMSG #chan :
Casuses the seen stats to be output.

The error is the fact a blank line casues it.

The code you posted wouldn't and couldn't fix that issue.
caesar
Mint Rubber

Post by caesar »

Hi. I don't have the same problem as he has, I'm talking about the "PRIVMSG #chan : " empty line. Probably there is something else that is messing with it and sends that empty line.. :P
De Kus
Revered One

ai seen

Post by De Kus »

i would recommend disabling the ai seenstats trigger. perhaps it was not empty line than a line like:

Code: Select all

0,0<nick> seenstats
This would create a "empty line" if the background is white, on other background like black you would simply have to change the 0,0 to 1,1. but by selecting the line should be readable and also visible in logfiles. but in fact, an empty line cannot be a trigger of anything else than * as match string.

btw. i coudnt reproduce this error on my bots running 1.6.14 cvs on linux (Tcl:8.3.3/v1.6.14+export-md5-2) and win32 (Tcl:8.4.1/v1.6.14+bugfixes) also with "real blank" lines like a single bolt, underline or color command character. a real blank line would cause the server to respond "* No text to send" :).