This is the new home of the egghelp.org community forum.
All data has been migrated (including user logins/passwords) to a new phpBB version.

For more information, see this announcement post. Click the X in the top right-corner of this box to dismiss this message.

connection limit

Old posts that have not been replied to for several years.
w
wirehead2003
Voice

connection limit

Post by wirehead2003 »

the irc server i use only allows 3 connections per ip is there any way i could make eggdrop come from a different ip because i have about 30 users using eggdrop and nobody can connect to the irc server ive asked the adminand she wont extend the amount of connections allowed.
also
what are virtual hosts?

thanks wirehead2003
b
bobjuh
Master

Post by bobjuh »

In the other thread i saw you where giving away shells.
Don't know what connection you have but i think adsl or cable?

There's no way any network will give you more connection's just
because your are giving away free shells. 30 connection to 1 irc
server is a bit mutch don't you think ?

You could try ipv6 vhost if that is possible with that server/network
f
flipp

Re: connection limit

Post by flipp »

wirehead2003 wrote:the irc server i use only allows 3 connections per ip is there any way i could make eggdrop come from a different ip because i have about 30 users using eggdrop and nobody can connect to the irc server ive asked the adminand she wont extend the amount of connections allowed.
also
what are virtual hosts?

thanks wirehead2003

here's a suggestion, give up your cable modem powered 'free shell machine' and colocate it with your local ISP, and lease a whole lotta ip addresses. assign each one a virtual host, and when your bill comes in the mail for all of these resources, smack yourself in the head! :D
b
bobjuh
Master

Post by bobjuh »

yeah just kill youself if you get the bill :evil: