This is the new home of the egghelp.org community forum.
All data has been migrated (including user logins/passwords) to a new phpBB version.

For more information, see this announcement post. Click the X in the top right-corner of this box to dismiss this message.

new project: module coding for beginners

Old posts that have not been replied to for several years.
p
paddy|

new project: module coding for beginners

Post by paddy| »

Hello,

wondering whether I didnt search intensive enough or whether there really are no "projects" who explain how to code modules for beginners.
I always disliked it, getting the answer "read the code of the existing modules and learn to understand them" cause there could be some information in pre-stage, before trying to read code from other people.

Would someone be interested to help me with such a "HOWTO" ?
P
Photon
Op

Post by Photon »

There arent many howtos to be honest.

Woobie is a good start. Sheep even better so - they are basically templates that you can then adapt ... there are a couple of caveats that I learnt by sheer brute force. Basically I learnt from those two, a couple of other peoples modules and the eggdrop code itself. Unfortunately I know of no better way.

However, I have been doing this for some time now, so if you have any specific questions, feel free to ask...
p
paddy|

Post by paddy| »

Photon wrote:There arent many howtos to be honest.

Woobie is a good start. Sheep even better so - they are basically templates that you can then adapt ... there are a couple of caveats that I learnt by sheer brute force. Basically I learnt from those two, a couple of other peoples modules and the eggdrop code itself. Unfortunately I know of no better way.

However, I have been doing this for some time now, so if you have any specific questions, feel free to ask...
Thanks giving a reply that fast.

And many thanks for offering your help - I will come back to you for
sure.