This is the new home of the egghelp.org community forum.
All data has been migrated (including user logins/passwords) to a new phpBB version.

For more information, see this announcement post. Click the X in the top right-corner of this box to dismiss this message.

Bots dont auto relink when hub / leaf goes down

Old posts that have not been replied to for several years.
F
Fluxism
Halfop

Bots dont auto relink when hub / leaf goes down

Post by Fluxism »

Hi,

I have 2 bots linked on 1 of my channels, 1 set up as the hub and the other the leaf. If either bot pings out, then they wont auto reconnect to each other. If I type .link Bot on the leaf then I'm told its already linking to that bot - but it never does, not even after 15mins. However If I delete referances to each bot from its user files, then readd them, they link up immediatley / transfering user files.

On the hub;
.+bot fred
.chattr fred +fo
.botattr +gs

And on the leaf;
.+bot big_fred
.chattr +fo
.botattr big_fred +ghp

As far as I can see they should link auto with the +h flag on the leaf.. But they dont if either one goes awol. The bots are both 1.6.13, and are on different shells. Any help / ideas would be appreciated.

Thanks.
h
har0
Voice

not linking

Post by har0 »

I had teh same problem, that usually ment that the bot was active in the background, or stil not really pinged out , make sure that the other egg is really gone ?
F
Fluxism
Halfop

Post by Fluxism »

If one bot goes down, but then is comes back to irc, it still happenes, so both bots are online, they're just not linking. If I type .bottree on either bot then 'no bots linked' is what I'm told. Its
wierd, everything should work fine just they way it is. Maybe if no one has any ideas I will save the user file and recompile both eggs, though how or why this would help.... But it's all I can think of.
b
birdrop
Voice

Post by birdrop »

Im new, but arnt you also supposed to share the channel?
EG: .botattr botname +|s
For all bots.
Mine had the same problem till i did that.
Except for the saying it was linked problem.
gumbydammit
Master

Post by gumbydammit »

he has +g man which is global share ( all channels shared) so he does not need channel specific shares..

fluxism: do you have more then one +h set on your leafbot?
In the past i have had odd linking problems when i came back from vacation and had stray old forgotten +h flags to other bots lol.. its generally wise to use +h and +a for other bots it seems :o
p
ppslim
Revered One

Post by ppslim »

You don't need to use userfile sharing to link bots.

Linking bots has other purposes that userfile sharing.
F
Fluxism
Halfop

Post by Fluxism »

gumbydammit,

At the moment, these r the only 2 linked bots, so there are definately no other +h bots on the leaf.
p
ppslim
Revered One

Post by ppslim »

OK - This sounds like some form of trip counter, not being unset, decreased or genraly, not reaching a 0 count.

This has been seen before, but never happens often enough, to be looked into more.

Can I ask, how did the bots unlink. For what reason?
F
Fluxism
Halfop

Post by Fluxism »

Sorry for the delay in replying, I went away for the weekend :lol:

If either bot ping timeouts, or if I issue .die on either bots partyline, then they wont relink when they are back on IRC.
F
Fluxism
Halfop

Post by Fluxism »

I recompiled both bots, and they are now auto relinking. Totally wierd as to why this happens, maybe like ppslim said, its a rare bug hard to redo and therfore hard to 'fix'