This is the new home of the egghelp.org community forum.
All data has been migrated (including user logins/passwords) to a new phpBB version.

For more information, see this announcement post. Click the X in the top right-corner of this box to dismiss this message.

Sentinal not working on ctcp #chan

Old posts that have not been replied to for several years.
b
birdrop
Voice

Sentinal not working on ctcp #chan

Post by birdrop »

Im kinda new so forgive.

In sentinel I have "set sl_ccflood 3:20"
And sentinel loads in all the bots. No errors.
In the channel window I did a one second timer for /ctcp #chan hello
It kept repeating every second. I figured it would kick me after
3 repeats. But it didnt. What am I missing?

slennox
Owner

Post by slennox »

It will ignore your CTCP "HELLO" since it only recognises certain CTCP types (those that could affect channel security, therefore typically only the CTCPs that clients actually respond to).
b
birdrop
Voice

Post by birdrop »

Wouldnt ctcp #channel text flood as bad as a msg chan flood?
BTW I found a small tcl that does the trick.

And thanks for the info. Ive been in irc a long time and did a little scripting. VERY little. Cut and paste action mostly. CTCP I've never understood to well. Ill have to read up on it.
And bots im only weeks old at it. Its fun stuff.

Thanks again
slennox
Owner

Post by slennox »

Yes, you could say they're as bad as one another, but there isn't a "msg chan" flood detector in sentinel.tcl either. The reason is that they both fall in the "annoying" flood category rather than the "dangerous" floods sentinel was originally made to deal with. Refer to http://forum.egghelp.org/viewtopic.php?t=1809

A CTCP HELLO flood (and msg chan flood) would eventually be picked up by the all-encompassing text flood detector (80:30 default) if the flood is extremely aggressive.