This is the new home of the egghelp.org community forum.
All data has been migrated (including user logins/passwords) to a new phpBB version.

For more information, see this announcement post. Click the X in the top right-corner of this box to dismiss this message.

eggdrop in bouncer

Old posts that have not been replied to for several years.
-
-W0kk3L-
Voice

eggdrop in bouncer

Post by -W0kk3L- »

Hi, i've got a question. I'm connecting the eggdrop to a bouncer. The bouncer is already in multiple channels. When the eggdrop connects, it leaves all the channels which are not in it's config. Is there a way to bypass this?

I'm also connected with mirc to that bouncer (on the same userid), so i can't join any channels in mirc cause the eggdrop just closes them again. How can i disable this in the bouncer? (so it doesn't logout from that channel)...

Greetz
-W0kk3L-
p
ppslim
Revered One

Post by ppslim »

This quickest and simplest wya is to add the channels to the bot.

There is not much we can help you with on the bouncer side.

Eggdrop is designed to monitor only the channel setup in it's config files. Any channel joined by a script or whatever, are discarded.
-
-W0kk3L-
Voice

Post by -W0kk3L- »

Adding all the channels when i want to join them is not an option for me. That costs way to much time.

I just want the eggdrop for the TCL scripting and supporting me (protections ed.). Is there no other way?
e
egghead
Master

Post by egghead »

-W0kk3L- wrote:Adding all the channels when i want to join them is not an option for me. That costs way to much time.
What ppslim meant is that you add the channels to the configuration of the bot. The bot will then always join these channels when it connects to the bouncer.

Adding a channel to the bots config does not take much time, as it is a matter of using ".+chan #channel" on the partyline.
p
ppslim
Revered One

Post by ppslim »

To be perfectly frank (which I aint).

Eggdrop is not meant to protect you in this way. The connection eggdrop uses to the server, is supposed to be for it's sole use only.

Eggdrop was never designed to be connected throuhg a bouncer, and it's most certainly not meant to share your connection.

If you feel that it takes too long to add a channel in the bot, then god help you should your userfile corrupt, coz ya gonna die with the time that takes.