This is the new home of the egghelp.org community forum.
All data has been migrated (including user logins/passwords) to a new phpBB version.

For more information, see this announcement post. Click the X in the top right-corner of this box to dismiss this message.

Eggdrop and MySQL problem

Old posts that have not been replied to for several years.
O
OnFire
Voice

Eggdrop and MySQL problem

Post by OnFire »

Hi

I've recently been informed by the person who runs my shell that my eggdrop is causing the MySQL server to crash. I've got no idea why, I don't use any MySQL scripts or modules...anyone got any ideas?

Thanks
s
spock
Master

Post by spock »

what modules/tcl have you loaded in your config file?
ask the shelladmin why he thinks your egg is causing it.

in my expirience, eggdrops dont touch mysql database's at their default state
photon?
p
ppslim
Revered One

Post by ppslim »

Make sure your bot isn't using port 3306 to listen on.

Otherwise, you should ask why the admin think this, otherwise you are cluless.
O
OnFire
Voice

Post by OnFire »

I'm using the default modules and it's listening on port 3333...is it at all possible for a totally MySQL-unrelated script to cause the problem?
p
ppslim
Revered One

Post by ppslim »

Yes. If a script or the bot decides to listen onthe same port as the MySQLd, then it would cause problems.

I would seriously speak to the amdin though. Lack of comunication on his part sugests he is blaming the first thing that comes into his head.

I t may likely be your bot is not at issue at all, but it would be handy for the admin to let you know why he thinks what he does, so that yourself and us can find out why this is happening.

For a admin to run a system intenvise deamon like MySQL on a shared server is stupid, and is a sure sign way of know the admin is likely cost cutting and not supporting his systems fully.
O
OnFire
Voice

Post by OnFire »

OK, thanks for the help.