This is the new home of the egghelp.org community forum.
All data has been migrated (including user logins/passwords) to a new phpBB version.

For more information, see this announcement post. Click the X in the top right-corner of this box to dismiss this message.

Name length

Old posts that have not been replied to for several years.
l
ldlework

Name length

Post by ldlework »

Ok, I've edited the .conf, I've recompiled after editing the .conf, I'ved tried setting nick-len, nothing works!!! I cannot create users over 9 characters in length! This is driving me nutz! Please someone help before I kill myself! :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil:
m
meks
Voice

Post by meks »

hi

try to edit the handlen and nickmax definitions in src/eggdrop.h at line 73 and 74 (at least for version 1.6.15). the standard for handlen is 9 and for nickmax it's 32. afterwards you will have to recompile ;-)
caesar
Mint Rubber

Post by caesar »

Why don't you use the Search button of the forum? I have seen other posts related to this matter, where is explained where and what to change.
Once the game is over, the king and the pawn go back in the same box.
f
fr0stbyte

Dont forget....

Post by fr0stbyte »

Just to let you know, as an IRCop i know that some iRC networks limit you to the length of the nick. This cant be avoided unless you talk to the net admins :/

Hope it helps...

Fr0stY
kazoo
Halfop

Post by kazoo »

yeah, short nicklengths are not fun :|
j0n
Op

Post by j0n »

Does this have to do with the eggdrop itself ?

If you set a bot handle greater than 9 characters, it will only record the first 9 characters as the handle. Same goes for a user.

.+user qwertyuiopasdfg
Added qwertyuio (no host) with no password and no flags.

If this is concerning the IRC Network / Server

WALLCHOPS PREFIX=(ov)@+ CHANTYPES=#& MAXCHANNELS=20 MAXBANS=25 NICKLEN=9 TOPICLEN=120 KICKLEN=90 NETWORK=EFnet CHANMODES=be,k,l,imnpst EXCEPTS KNOCK MODES=4 are supported by this server

Notice how the NICKLEN=9 , you cannot override this.
caesar
Mint Rubber

Post by caesar »

That's nick length not handle length.. seesh. The handle length depends on the dggrop, not on the server.
Once the game is over, the king and the pawn go back in the same box.
Papillon
Owner

Post by Papillon »

please remember that if you change the handlen you cannot share userfiles with other bots, unless they have the same handlen
Elen sila lúmenn' omentielvo