This is the new home of the egghelp.org community forum.
All data has been migrated (including user logins/passwords) to a new phpBB version.

For more information, see this announcement post. Click the X in the top right-corner of this box to dismiss this message.

WinDrop Botnet Help.

Old posts that have not been replied to for several years.
S
SSF2
Voice

WinDrop Botnet Help.

Post by SSF2 »

Hi,

I'm currentley running 2 Windrops on 2 different PC's and got them linked into a BotNet without a problem. No i want to add a 3rd bot to the botnet and am having problems. I installed a second WinDrop on the PC i have selected as the HUB bot and can't get them linked in any way. If i do try to link them the leaf bot will klill my hub bot and would result in haveing to re-connect my hub bot again. I used the same config file for all bot's just changing required information for the names. I'm using WinDrop v1.6.15. Any help on this would be greatly appreciated and i've search the forums bit not found any info on configuring a BotNet for 2 bots on the same PC.

Thanks SSF2.
caesar
Mint Rubber

Post by caesar »

First off the botnet-nick should be different, also the ports they listen to users/bots/all. Evidently the userlist and chanlist files should be different filles. Just follow the instructions from this page.
Once the game is over, the king and the pawn go back in the same box.
S
SSF2
Voice

Post by SSF2 »

Hi caesar,

Thanks for the info I went and checked it and it was all ok so i followed the procedure again from the link u gave and it still didn't like it. It just disconnected my hub bot of the irc network again. I will continue to look into this problem.

Thanks SSF2
caesar
Mint Rubber

Post by caesar »

Hi, with what reason did he got disconnected?
Once the game is over, the king and the pawn go back in the same box.
S
SSF2
Voice

Post by SSF2 »

Hi caesar,

sorry for the long delay. I checked the logs to see what was said and there was no reson given for the disconnect. It said it connected to the leaf bot etc.. but just as it's about to transfer the user file it disconnects my host. I'm not shore if it's because they are using the same IP address? but i do know that all bots are on different ports +33 apart. Again had no probls linking to a bot on a diff PC just once I installed a second on the one being used as the Hub bot. Thanks for all your help on this.